Do the Mods still come here?

RickB

I have been noticing a massive increase in naming and shaming folk on Shetlink. And also topics being discussed that would once have been locked within hours of posting.

Maybe they have just grown old and more relaxed or maybe it is my old age coming into it.

however thankfully shetlink has moved away from the old days of pointless arguments among folk though.

So, do the mods still lurk in the background?

RickB

If a persons name and associated actions are already in the public domain then, it is hardly "naming and shaming", more likely "repeating and bleating"... <G>

As for pointless arguments, the person who was responsible for most of those hasn't posted since he was "outed" by another member..  He has (maybe) however, just put in an appearance on the Shetland Times letters pages where he has (apparently) used his real name.

http://www.shetlandtimes.co.uk/2015/02/12/detained-air-rifle-teenager-appeals-sentence

As for the mods;

I suspect that they keep an eye on things and, so long as posts remain within the T&C's, nothing is done to 'disturb' any discussion.

• 3 months later...

Please can a moderator help me, my account has been locked because apparently shetlink emails are bouncing back, I have not changed my email address, have looked through all the help options and cannot find a way of contacting anyone or a list of moderators, how do I fix this?

Please can a moderator help me, my account has been locked because apparently shetlink emails are bouncing back, I have not changed my email address, have looked through all the help options and cannot find a way of contacting anyone or a list of moderators, how do I fix this?

Hi battery

We've had a look and can't see anything untoward with your account. Can you explain what you mean by 'locked'?

Cheers

• 5 weeks later...

Ah, only just seen reply above, at top of my screen is a pink box that asks me to update my email address, it says "Emails disabled, emails that we send to you are being returned, we have automatically disabled any emails we send to you". I can't update my email address because I haven changed it, so when I put in my email address, it just says that email address is already in use. Help?

• 2 weeks later...