Shetland Home Company

Sukibind

Not sure I would agree with all that Ghostrider,they are bound by many rules and regulations and no doubt have to be qualifyied to certain standards which by there very nature means they(staff)will be paid accordingly.

Usually better qualified one is the better paid one is.  

Can you think of any other way to provide this service,better and more cost effective. 

If you can I'm sure they want to know.

Not sure I would agree with all that Ghostrider,they are bound by many rules and regulations and no doubt have to be qualifyied to certain standards which by there very nature means they(staff)will be paid accordingly.

Usually better qualified one is the better paid one is.  

Can you think of any other way to provide this service,better and more cost effective. 

If you can I'm sure they want to know.

I would suggest that they do not want to know of any way to provide this service in a better and more cost effective manner. They want to continue doing as little as possible for as few as possible, for as much money that they can possibly screw out of the system.

I seem to detect a degree of grievance towards COPE from several angles.

Looking from the outside COPE appears to be doing a good job.

Considering there budget was cut I guess they are doing the best they can. 

If there were any irregularity within the establishment,surely it would have been identified long ago.

If folk have concrete proof of any misdemeanour,then take it to the appropriate  authorities for investigation .

I will sit back and congratulate them meantime until I am made aware otherwise.    

I seem to detect a degree of grievance towards COPE from several angles.

Broadly speaking, I support what Cope are doing as, despite their "mission statement", they are only really providing respite care.  Impossible job with impossible 'clients' and, with an insignificant chance of getting a 'result'.

Perhaps, if they (Cope) were more 'open' about their activites etc. then, there may not be so much (valid) critcism.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I see from their Facebook page that COPE didn’t win the Social Enterprise of the Year at the UK Social Enterprise Awards in London. If only they had put as much effort into seeking other funding as they did filling in forms for this award then perhaps The Shetland Charitable Trust would be able to reduce the huge amount of funding they give to COPE and give some much needed financial support to, for example, Shetland Disability, who help ALL disabled people in Shetland.

I have a good idea! if you have stuff you no longer need, why not put it to the Sale Rooms and then donate the money raised to Disability Shetland. That way you know you are helping all the disabled people in Shetland, and not just a few.

Pretty sure the Sale Room is not closing. They have been given notice to move out of their current premises next year but are looking for new premises to keep it going. Can't find anything on their facebook page to confirm that though.

That is what they said on Radio Shetland last week, they are in the current premises until March.