Noisy Gemini

Hi all, 

just wondering if anyone else has noticed how noisy the Gemini in Scalloway Harbour has been over the last few weeks? there has been no problems up till then and was even quite nice to look at, unfortunately now there is a constant drone (from the engines and not me) and it is making sleeping difficult at night. We even have a slight vibration in parts of the house from the noise, just thought i would check before taking it any further.

Thanks in advance

Thanks for your replies, I initially thought it was possibly due to the 'calm' weather but even on windy days where the sound should be blown away from us we can still hear a rumble from the funnel. I wouldn't normally complain but as this is affecting all my family I think I will try and take it further. 

Thanks again

It has definitely become a lot noisier.  I live at the opposite end of the village and my bedroom window is triple glazed, but last night I could not get to sleep for the noise and ended up having to put in earplugs.  This must surely be disturbing other people too, and what about those on the boat itself?

I think this has to be followed up.  Possibly with the community council?

Hi Will s,  I thought there was a breakthrough on Wednesday to Friday when all was quiet(er) from the boat. Unfortunately the noise returned on Friday night but I was away overnight (Saturday) so didn't hear last night. Upon our return to the house this afternoon we were so disheartened to hear that the noise was louder, watching Wimbledon I had to turn the volume quite high to drown out the drone of the boat. We have contacted the Environmental health department but they had not had any complaints and they couldn't act on 'marine issues'.

I will be in contact with the community council so thanks for that advice, I appreciate we live near a harbour but it wasn't  been an issue until a few weeks back so something must have changed.

Hi davie L,  Last night was the worst I have heard it, and it has been droning away all day.  There does not seem to be any place in the house where I can't hear it.  My father and I went down to the pier today to hear what it sounded like there, and he made the comment that he never heard a cruise ship making this amount of noise.  I will speak to someone from the cc too, so that they are aware that this is disturbing people.