Courier parcels being opened in transit?

Ghostrider

Definitely no sticker or anything like that anyplace near it. Outer poly mailing bag very clearly cut open right the way across one end, then four pieces of parcel tape half slopped on across the cut.

http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq330/Redneck_Hillbilly0504/IMG_2860a.jpg

Edited by Ghostrider

I would get on to the deliverer and ask for an explanation. I have had a couple of parcels which had burst open, but these were then placed in a clear package by the post office with a notice that the parcel had been burst in transit.

Whoever wrapped yours up wouldn't be invited to help me wrap my Christmas pressies :-)

^ Not sure who the deliverer per se was, it was just left "in a safe place" - Courier was My Hermes. Last time something similar happened with a similar order from the same supplier a few months ago, it was difficult to be sure whether it had been an intentional opening or an accidental burst, so gave it the benefit of the doubt. This one its just too blatant.

Herself has shouted at the supplier, and they've kindy offered to send a FOC replacement as "compensation". Which is fine, but hardly fair on them either given that their original packaging was perfectly fine before somebody somewhere along the delivery channels for reasons best know to themselves decided to run a blade through it.

Edited by Ghostrider

^ Not sure who the deliverer per se was, it was just left "in a safe place" - Courier was My Hermes. Last time something similar happened with a similar order from the same supplier a few months ago, it was difficult to be sure whether it had been an intentional opening or an accidental burst, so gave it the benefit of the doubt. This one its just too blatant.

Herself has shouted at the supplier, and they've kindy offered to send a FOC replacement as "compensation". Which is fine, but hardly fair on them either given that their original packaging was perfectly fine before somebody somewhere along the delivery channels for reasons best know to themselves decided to run a blade through it.

Pffft.  It was online chat.  The only bit they got "shouted" at was when they called me "Mrs".  Said supplier were superb.  Twas 3 times, Ghostie, is One forgetting the packets which were stuck with duct tape to the OUTSIDE of a box?

Then there's the Viking paper delivery ... box soaked and stinking of perfume, but that's a different courier involved.

I ordered an electric drill for my soninlaws birthday present, and it never appeared. It was sent by post, and then when I enquired of the post office where it had disappeared to then they could tell me they had blown it up as a suspicious parcel. They didn't have to cough up for it though, it was the poor supplier who had to refund my money. They said they were sending drills in the post all the time ,but had never had a problem before.