Ground Nesting Bees

Aaron Foord

Bees are protected and understand it is possible to be prosecuted if you desturb them.

Had the same problem some years ago and this was what i was told.

The bees eventually moved there nest somewhere else,probably not to far away as i still see plenty.

I do not care for them myself but they do an essential job keeping plants pollinated and after watching an excellent documentary on TV sometime ago I will not harm them in anyway if i can help it.

They will not harm you,just try to ignore them they have other things they prefer to bite into rather than you. 

Never heard of any way of getting rid of them that didn't piss them off no end - evictions tend to be that way with everybody though. On the ground they tend to favour places that are a wilderness of old dried out vegitation, and finding the nest among that without accidentally upsetting it is a feat in itself.

Come this time of year probably best to just try and keep on living with them if you can, as they're unlikely to last much more than a couple of weeks or so now. Then clear the ground where they were before next spring, and chances are they'll set up shop elsewhere next year.