Computer and Techy Jokes

BigMick

Sometimes the old ones are the best. I first encountered this nearly ten years ago. It cracked me up then and (sadly) it still cracks me up now. Repeat after me: I am a Geeky Boy.

http://www.thelinkinspector.com/giggle890711.htm

Enjoy!.

(** MOD EDIT ** - Originally titled: "For all you UNIX/Linux people out there...." but has now been hijacked for the new title!)

• 2 months later...

At a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industryand stated, "If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25.00 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon."

In response to Bill's comments, General Motors issued a press release stating:

If GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics:

1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash twice a day.

2. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new car.

3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to pull to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue. For some reason you would simply accept this.

4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.

5. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times as fast and twice as easy to drive - but would run on only five percent of the roads.

6. The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would all be replaced by a single "This Car Has Performed An Illegal Operation" warning light.

7. The airbag system would ask "Are you sure?" before deploying.

8. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.

9. Every time a new car was introduced car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.

10. You'd have to press the "Start" button to turn the engine off.

As a contractor of many years standing... I love this joke...

A tourist walked into a pet shop and was looking at the animals on display. While he was there another customer walked in and said to the shopkeeper "I'll have a C-monkey please".

The shopkeeper nodded, went over to a cage at the side of the shop, and took out a monkey.He fitted a collar and leash and handed it to the customer, saying "That'll be $5000".

The customer paid and walked out with his monkey. Startled, the tourist went over to the shopkeeper and said, "That was a very expensive monkey most of them are only a few hundred dollars. Why did it cost so much?"

The shopkeeper answered, "Ah, that monkey can program in C - very fast, tight code, no bugs, well worth the money."

The tourist looked at the monkey in another cage. "That one's even more expensive - $10,000! What does it do?"

"Oh, that one's a C++ monkey; it can manage object-oriented programming, Visual C++, even some Java. All the really useful stuff," said the shopkeeper.

The tourist looked around for a little longer and saw a third monkey in a cage of its own.The price tag around its neck read $50,000. He gasped to the shopkeeper, "That one costs more than all the others put together! What on earth does it do?"

The shopkeeper replied, "Well, I haven't actually seen it do anything, yet, but it says it's a contractor."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats actually quite amusing. I see the WhoIs records for the domain are protected by: Whois Privacy Protection Service, Inc.

I can't see that site lasting very long ...

Has anyone downloaded whats there - there are .exe files for download. As soon as I saw that though a red flag popped up in my brain. Filled with fek knows what I would imagine?

Has anyone downloaded whats there - there are .exe files for download. As soon as I saw that though a red flag popped up in my brain. Filled with fek knows what I would imagine?

eg. File is titled "IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe.part" and was 14.7 MB

Make of that what you will.

Very funny site though.

Here's a few classics from over the years

Error: Keyboard not attached. Press F1 to continue.

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981

Press any key to continue or any other key to quit...?

Unix IS user friendly...its just selective about who its friends are.

"NT is *NOT* magic. There are *fundamental technical reasons* why

it is necessary to sacrifice a young goat to your server now and

then."

Windows 95(n) - 32-bit extensions and graphical shell for a 16-bit patch

to an 8-bit operating system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor,

written by a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.

All software is flawed. All hardware is flawed. If you haven't learned

that yet, then you haven't been in tech support very long.

From one of my smarter clients:

"Why is something broken every time you're here?"

"A computer is like an Old Testament god, with a lot of rules and no

mercy."

"There's no problem so large it can't be solved by killing the user off, deleting their files, closing their account and and hanging the body on a pole as a warning to others"

It has to be said that people with little computer knowledge

should be given little computers.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud.

After a while you realize the pig enjoys it.

A computer programmer is someone who, when told to "Go to Hell,"

sees the "go to," rather than the destination, as harmful.

If NT is the answer, you don't understand the question.

And my all time favourite

"The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck will be the day Microsoft starts making vacuum cleaners."