Illegal immigrant's and refugees.

audi-ya-do

^ I'd tend to see the whole thing as very probably acdemic anyway. If somebody whose never known any other climate than the Middle East turns up here in the face of winter, our weather will make sure they've hightailed it back out the Sooth Mooth long before Voar.

But maybe they're more resilient and tolerant than the inherently biased and inaccurate media would try and portray them.

And what about a homeless ex- British soldier then,  perhaps one suffering with PTSD and being an alcoholic too ... would they have Shetlanders offering to put them up in their homes?  Would they be welcome too in Shetland or would the fact they were a soothmoother put Shetlanders off?  After all, are they not victims of war too?

^^ I would think anybody escaping the bombing, chemical warfare, rape, enslavement and torture that's happening in Syria at the moment will be able to put up with a bit of wind and rain.

No argument on that. However to apply the same logic, I would have thought anybody escaping bombing, chemical warfare, rape, enslavement and torture would be grateful that they'd reached a country, any country, where they would be safe from such perils, and would be trying to salvage and rebuild their lives as a No. 1 priority. Not embark on a transcontinental trek to the country at the top of their "Wish List" or around the various nations of Europe until they found one they liked, while largely apparently relying on the kindness of strangers.

I have every sympathy for anybody forced to flee their home and country in fear of their lives, but there's just a few things about how this all is unfolding that doesn't add up for me.

I have every sympathy for anybody forced to flee their home and country in fear of their lives, but there's just a few things about how this all is unfolding that doesn't add up for me.

The safety benefit of seatbelts in cars and helmets for motor cycle riders along with universal medical acceptance of the adverse health effect of smoking don't add up for you either. Until you're able to get the hang of those you're bound to struggle with anything more complex.

^ Pull the other one, it might have bells on.

We've had this "discussion" before. Neither of those things are what I said, rather they are twisted interpretations you have chosen to take, for apprently no good reason other than to repeatedly use them as off topic "if you can't debate the argument, attack the person" ammo.

D-. Could try harder.

^ Pull the other one, it might have bells on.

We've had this "discussion" before. Neither of those things are what I said, rather they are twisted interpretations you have chosen to take, for apprently no good reason other than to repeatedly use them as off topic "if you can't debate the argument, attack the person" ammo.

D-. Could try harder.

Here is what you said about crash helmets and seat belts. I can't quickly find your position on smoking so I'm happy to concede that point. Perhaps you would like to clarify it for the record. Do you accept that it is beyond all doubt that smoking is harmful. If I have misrepresented your opinion on that I apologise.

My point stands. If you are not able to grasp the simple concept that seatbelts in cars and helmets on motor cycle riders lead to increased levels of overall road safety it is unlikely that you will be able to get to grips with the complexities of the 14 century old Sunni/Shia divide that is driving the mass exodus of people to Europe. Instead you may just find yourself thinking that it doesn't add up because they don't just move to the country next door.

Seatbelts are just another piece of quite cleverly designed and delivered government propaganda. All the making of them mandatory did was to change the type of injuries and causes of death resulting from collisions.

Their "justification" relies on massaged statistics, and they are of an extremely poor design. Much, much more would be achieved if vehicle bodyshell design and construction was targetted, but of course that would men an increase in the cost of vehicles, and the industry would "persuade" any Govt. that was a "bad idea". :roll:

If you believe wearing a seat belt makes you any "safer" overall than you would be not wearing one, you've been sold the scam.

Yes, a crash helmet could be a very valuable safety item, if it was designed more like a deep sea diver's helmet where the shoulders provided support to minimise whiplash on the neck, and aided the dissipation of the impact shock more evenly throughout the body, instead of magnifying its effect and dissipating it through the neck while the head bounces aroudn like a punchbag. Helmets as they are are virtually worthless, for every head injury the prevent, or at least minimise somewhat, they contribute to making another much more severe than it would have been had the lid not been worn.

Add to that the safety implications of reduced vision due to visors steaming up and reduced awareness of your surroundings due to the average helmet making you largely deaf, and the damn things are nothing but death traps waiting to pounce on you.

I see that Eurostat says only  "1 out of 5 first time asylum seekers originates from Syria"

Interesting to note in the report that 17,700 were from Albania, which is a country at peace.

http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/documents/2995521/6996925/3-18092015-BP-EN.pdf/b0377f79-f06d-4263-aa5b-cc9b4f6a838f

http://metro.co.uk/2015/09/19/eu-statisticians-claim-only-1-in-5-migrants-are-from-syria-5398412/

All it takes is for good people to give in to evil like the people who are hell bent on destroying our Europe one bit at a time. Our people have to protect ourselves, let the so called do gooders/traitors not be the majority. They make me so sad they hate what our forebears fought for so hard, they will be the death of Europe. Every poll I see is against any more migration. It has been the ruin of the west.

Our forefathers fought and many sacrficed there lives in wars in the past to stop our country being taken over so we could live in peace. 

For seventy years this has been sucessful and I for one want that to continue.

There is an old saying "When in Rome do as the Romans do" but it seems the saying now would be "When in Britain do anything you want to do "

This is mainly a result of us joining the EU and opening our borders to everyone who cares to enter. 

Yes we are being taken over gradually bit by bit by people from all nationalities.

Is this really what we British want ?

How much of Britian actually belongs to Britain.