Illegal immigrant's and refugees.

audi-ya-do

.....it is unlikely that you will be able to get to grips with the complexities of the 14 century old Sunni/Shia divide that is driving the mass exodus of people to Europe. Instead you may just find yourself thinking that it doesn't add up because they don't just move to the country next door.

You could have saved yourself that long and complex trip round the houses, trying to second guess what is that about the so-called "Syrian Refugees" that "doesn't add up for me", by simply asking. Unless of course it was all a red herring/diversionary/discrediting/trolling/attempting to put words in my mouth tactic in the first place.

I stand by everthing I said about seat belts, crash helmets and smoking, and have no problem debating it, but I'm not being party to derailing this unrelated thread by doing it here. If you want to rake over that yet one more time, either resurrect the original thread(s) containing them, or start a new one, and I'll see you there.

As for the subject matter of this thread, I also stand behind what I said, and will debate it here with whomever holds a different opinion to anything I have said. Not what somebody's imagination conjours up that I might, could possibly be thinking, nor what my opinion on any other completely unrelated subject may appear to be. Neither have anything in the slightest to do with the topic at hand in this thread.

When I post on here it is for one thing only... To get a discussion going. This seems to have worked. Should we have no compassion for others? Of course not. Do we see the suffering of people in our own (rich developed nation)? rarely. Are most of these illegal immigrants genuine or just economic? You have to make your own mind up. However I wonder how many people who are welcoming refugees or illegal immigrants (Don't for get until a person is processed by authorities and deemed in need of re-homing in that other country, be it Visa or asylum, they are NOT migrants they are illegal immigrants.) would welcome the homeless or hard up already here in the UK (and don't blinker yourselves there are lots of them) into their homes.

The main thing is to understand there is never just black and white in any subject there is lots and lots of grey areas and many differing views of the same topic.

WITHOUT DISCUSSION AND LISTENING TO OTHER VIEWS OF THOSE WHO DISAGREE WITH US WE WALK THE DANGEROUS PATH TO TOTALITARIANISM AND DESPOTISM. PEOPLE GET ANGRY WHEN THEY FEEL UNHEARD.

WE HAVE CHOICES AND THE ONES WE MAKE NO MATTER HOW SMALL MATTER TO MANY.

Edited by audi-ya-do

The "refugees" and whoever and whatever else may be tagging long masquerading as part of their bandwagon, who desire to come to the UK will no doubt eventually end up in the UK, for the simple reason there's bog all to keep them out.

The UKIP made significant inroads at the May election standing behind an "anti immigration" banner, and there's little reason to see further influxes of folk from other nations not further fuelling that support. Gonna be interesting times not too far down the road I suspect, as I have a hunch that the most vocal in calling for open doors and open arms to the horde wandering round Europe right now, are largely the same folk who were equally vocal in their decry and criticism of the UKIP. Maybe I'm reading the political stage badly wrong, but it might be wise to ask yourselves what you really want, to help the "refugees" by insisting the UK swallows hundred if not thousands of them, or keep the UKIP out of Westminster? As from where I'm sitting, you're only going to get one wish granted on this one, not both.

The "refugees" and whoever and whatever else may be tagging long masquerading as part of their bandwagon, who desire to come to the UK will no doubt eventually end up in the UK, for the simple reason there's bog all to keep them out.

The UKIP made significant inroads at the May election standing behind an "anti immigration" banner, and there's little reason to see further influxes of folk from other nations not further fuelling that support. Gonna be interesting times not too far down the road I suspect, as I have a hunch that the most vocal in calling for open doors and open arms to the horde wandering round Europe right now, are largely the same folk who were equally vocal in their decry and criticism of the UKIP. Maybe I'm reading the political stage badly wrong, but it might be wise to ask yourselves what you really want, to help the "refugees" by insisting the UK swallows hundred if not thousands of them, or keep the UKIP out of Westminster? As from where I'm sitting, you're only going to get one wish granted on this one, not both.

You're right, UKIP really do like to drum up some immigrant hate, it's hard to stir up hatred when there are pictures in the papers of babies being washed up on beaches though.

Trying to make out refugees are economic migrants is a hard sell when you see images of flattened cities, towns and villages in Syria on TV, or statistics from the United Nations Refugee Agency explaining the facts in cold, hard detail.

Its difficult to stir up fear of refugees and describe them as terrorists, criminals etc when roughly half of them fleeing Syria are children (source UNHCR.)

No doubt they'll try though.

• 7 months later...

April 26th 2016, a day of shame for the 289 Conservative MP's who denied 3000 vulnerable unaccompanied children from war torn Syria a chance of safety and dignity in our country.

Is there even a shred of humanity left in this government?

Was there ever a shred of humanity in this government?.  I think not.

April 26th 2016, a day of shame for the 289 Conservative MP's who denied 3000 vulnerable unaccompanied children from war torn Syria a chance of safety and dignity in our country.

Will we ever see a government that shows even a shred of humanity?

Certainly not until Shetland goes indy!!!

But they are in European safe countries such as France. Why are the French not dealing with them and taking them into care? How or why is it our responsibility? What about the pressure this would put on existing services and the children here that are in need?

All the photos are of 5 year olds but mainly these are males who say they are under 18 but as has been shown in Norway 9 out of 10 of migrants claiming this are lieing when given medical scrutiny. They know the system and how it will be easier for them, you can't blame them. Also what about the threat to other children.

A lot of these children are just to be used as a bridge head for the rest of the family to get in. In France people try to help these children which are supposedly on their own but then a family member will appear and say they are with them.

Also think of all the future lives put at risk once they start to hear that unaccompanied children can get into the UK it would be a huge pull factor and is totally irresponsible.