Self-sustaining Shetland

BGDDisco

your paid for add supporting the lib dems puts pay to your independent stance your just a lib dem campaign group.

"A LibDem campaign group" - With UKIP voter members, at least one of whom (me) resents your accusation. Lemme take a few minutes to wrap my head around how that one is supposed to work....

your group  paid for an add supporting a lib dem candidate. your personnel political view does not matter to your leaders. they are lib dem supporters. you voting ukip tell us all we need. your Scottish leader is an inspiration. why a man that hates authority supports an extreme group well it takes all sorts.  

your group  paid for an add supporting a lib dem candidate. your personnel political view does not matter to your leaders. they are lib dem supporters. you voting ukip tell us all we need. your Scottish leader is an inspiration. why a man that hates authority supports an extreme group well it takes all sorts.  

paulb I am on the committee and I am not a Lib Dem supporter. You seem to be entirely against the very idea of WS for some reason and that is your prerogative but I wish you would stop incorrectly second guessing the political views, motives and character of the groups membership.

After our launch we were accused of being a Tory/unionist plot and now because we endorse a candidate for a local election we are labelled as a branch of the Lib Dems. We were also accused at the beginning of being xenophobic regarding "true Shetlanders" but I saw that accusation quickly fizzle out after it became apparent that the group is made up of people from all backgrounds. What baseless accusation will come next I can only guess.

The one thing I see as very Strange in this back Tavish statement is that he is pro europe and WS are anti Europe. confused? I am!!

None of the local candidates are anti-EU though Brian. Regardless of our local MSPs views on the EU we will all have our chance to vote leave or stay in June so it is not perhaps as relevant as it otherwise would have been. 

I do however find it disappointing that all the candidates seem to be taking their party line on the EU rather than trying to ascertain what their constituents views are.

The one thing I see as very Strange in this back Tavish statement is that he is pro europe and WS are anti Europe. confused? I am!!

None of the local candidates are anti-EU though Brian. Regardless of our local MSPs views on the EU we will all have our chance to vote leave or stay in June so it is not perhaps as relevant as it otherwise would have been. 

I do however find it disappointing that all the candidates seem to be taking their party line on the EU rather than trying to ascertain what their constituents views are.

Alistair Carmichael for one, in effect going against his voters.

^ Thank god there was only one candidate who expressed support for increased autonomy for Shetland then. Had there been two or more, and WS recommended "take your pick from these two, three or whatever....." (As i would hope they would have done, were those circumstances in play), some folk's confusion would surely have been overwhelming.

If there is one constituency in the UK where the concept of "voting for the person, and by default voting for a party is a tolerable side effect" should be immediately understood, it has to be Shetland, given how many times we have been accused of doing exactly that in past elections.

Edited by Ghostrider

^ If folk can't see that increased autonomy for Shetland transcends all UK party politics, as in a BOT, independent of whatever Shetland, UK parties will not only have no relevance, they won't even exist. Then IMHO they're highly unlikely to be folk with sufficient vision to see the potential benefits of increased autonomy, whatever group may be promoting it or how they are preceived by those folk.

so vote for the laird son. after all the lib dems really value you. i would think its even more important for an independence movement to be led by a local or at least one that lives on island. all four live up here and quite honestly an accident of birth really means nowt. they have committed to live here what more do you want.