TV

AlMac

I seem to have lost my TV reception. I have a Satbox and am wondering if it is a problem with my own equipment (ie Satbox or sat dish) or if it is a general problem with satellite reception in Shetland? Otherwise, does anybody know who I could call to repair it? I am quite new to Shetland and a bit out of touch with everything!

If it's a sat box with card, remove card, switch off it mains as wheelsup says, but leave it off for at least a minute, switch it back on and insert card, then go and have a cuppa as it can take a bit to reboot.

This has worked for me in the past.

If that doesn't work, you could try Islesat for further advice.

• 3 months later...

slightly off subject islesat has been taken over by someone new, i cant afford a galvanised dish as i havent got £200+ to splash out, i called islesat and told him of my situation. To my surprise he offered me a galvanised dish and bracket and fitted it for me for £10:00 a month  i signed a contract for 2 yrs but i will carry on paying him after so my dish will always be serviced, so in short islesat is doing rent a dish for all of those who cannot afford a big payout 

slightly off subject islesat has been taken over by someone new, i cant afford a galvanised dish as i havent got £200+ to splash out, i called islesat and told him of my situation. To my surprise he offered me a galvanised dish and bracket and fitted it for me for £10:00 a month  i signed a contract for 2 yrs but i will carry on paying him after so my dish will always be serviced, so in short islesat is doing rent a dish for all of those who cannot afford a big payout 

At 5.23pm, 17 minutes after this post, nowtsed started "Rent a galvanised dish" under Science & Technology, and he asked, "Can anyone tell me if its true? that islesat is now renting galvanised dishes ?

i heard you can pay £10:00 a month and he installs decent dish etc"

That smells of something, not sure what but it smells!!!

It could be your satellite dish is out of alignment, the LNB needs replacing, the cable needs replacing due to a cut in the cable and water ingress. The only problems with a satellite signal in Shetland are as said above strong winds moving your satellite dish out of alignment and salt getting into LNB's giving them a less of a life span than in a area not so close to the sea e.g Edinburgh