Ernesto Leal Campaign

DavieG

Just to give eveyone involved with this particular campaign, or who wanted to help those in a similar position to Sakchai following that campaign, some up to date information.

Ernesto's imigration hearing is imminent so any additional support that you can give, in a similar vein to that we undertook for Sakchai, will be very welcome indeed i.e. letters, e-mails etc.

You can find out more about the Ernesto Leal campaign via the official website.

I will leave each and every one of you to make up their own mind in this respect but I have offered the team my own support for whatever that may be worth and have once again written to the Home Office and all other relevant contact points in this respect.

Cheers and thanks

Davie Gardner

As much as I sympathise with this cause - IF YOU BEHAVE YOU DON'T GET INTO TROUBLE.

If I was the victim of a crime, I think I would want the perpetrator as far away as possible. If you are in a foreign country then you should abide by the law. If you break the law then hell mend you!

Yes...but!. Our government allows people to remain in the UK with the "indefinate leave" stamp in their passport and perhaps makes it clear at that time that the leave to stay may be revoked.

I am certainly not against that in principle but in practice I think the government should use some common sense when deciding who to deport and anyway that decision should be made (and appealed) while the subject is still in prison........would save all these macho dawn raids.

As I side issue I have recently heard that a friend of a friend won her appeal against the governments decision not to renew her student visa. Perhaps the question as to the competence of the original decision making process need to be asked.