how to cancel shetlink account?

Guest chris anderson

• 8 months later...

Not sure how to contact a moderator or administrator to ask something?

A friend had signed up ages ago, and forgotten his sign in name and password,

he tried to create a new account, to sell something on Classifieds, but it won't let him,

because his email address is already in use... the account he can't remember...  Help!!

Not sure how to contact a moderator or administrator to ask something?

A friend had signed up ages ago, and forgotten his sign in name and password,

he tried to create a new account, to sell something on Classifieds, but it won't let him,

because his email address is already in use... the account he can't remember...  Help!!

Hi mogling

The easiest thing for your friend to do is search their email inbox for the registration confirmation email from Shetlink. That'll contain their username, and if they can't remember their password (we don't have access to passwords) they can request a new one at the login screen. Hope that helps!

Hi all

A quick way to get admin attention is to hit 'report post' or send a PM to this admin profile.

A PM has been sent re: the request above

Cheers

Admin

Is there any way for someone who for whatever reason can't/won't login to Shetlink to contact Admin though?

Not me (obviously), but apparently (allegedly) something a few folk have need for, given the, "I joined Shetlink, but I can't get on there as I've forgotten my password/numerous other excuses and I can't get a new one as the email address I registered with no longer exists/numerous other excuses", type posts that appear occsionally on other social media.