Irritating TV adverts

I know this isn't TV, but...

I can't STAND those ads you get on free websites that pop out when you roll over and get in the way.

I find Yahoo is particularly bad for them, and it's especially annoying when you're trying to check your mail and they're in the way of your inbox...:evil:

They annoy me so much that I don't even bother checking what they're trying to sell to me.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

Lloyds TSB - that irritating music! Curently the Rice Krispies ad, with the boy making chocolate Krispies and all the Nat west ads, in fact most ads on TV are really dull and irritating these days. However the Mars Bar Monk ad when they ring the bells is pretty good and always gets a laugh from me and my friends. :lol:

Gripes past and present:

Bl**dy 'Howard's' insufferable smugness, from his days as a CGI muppet right through to the cover version c**t he turned into (did wonders for his bank :twisted: ).

The peerie lass from the P*t*t F*l**s advert ("'Elps your bones grow stronger-er" Aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrgh). In fact any contrived cuteness in an advert tends to induce spontaneous projectile vomiting.

Act*v*a. "It's really smooth and creamy, it's like a dessert." Is this a description of the yoghurt or the intended t*rd? There's only so much huffing about "bloating" you can listen to before screaming, "just fart, you pretentious old b*st*rd!"

"This woman is about to treat her thrush." Aaaaaargh, no, no, for God's sake, no!

Lorraine, quitting with N*cqu*t*n. Whether on the wagon or off it, always felt the urge to punch her nose out through the back of her skull.

"Roll me over in the Cl*v*r" with every has-bean and non-entity media whore available. And no, we don't all love Cl*v*r, if the ad's anything to go by we're all borderline depressive.

That little sod with the elbows singing about Fr*st**s. Tragedy is he probably got his Equity card for that. Git.

Chewing gum, bad mime and mariachi guitar - que-est-ce que f*ck?

@KEPHAS4 - bang on the money there! I was watching a low grade satellite channel - no, one of the ones where the people *keep* their clothes on and act badly - and an ad sequence started with laxatives, moved on through menstrual cleanliness, anti-diarrhea and then to a chatline ad via a Durex foaming massage spot. What the hell were they thinking the audience demographic was? Or was there a message?

If I haven't had a good dump, been roller skating and climbing ladders while wearing tight white shorts, kept control of my bowels (obviously the dump can't be that extensive), and bought some slippy fist cream, I'm not going to get a shag?

I was only watching Frasier!

(Edited to adjust my poor spelign)

• 1 month later...

DirectLine ever since they put the dog insurance up without notifying me from £24.11 to £38.32 per month, forgot to add my other dog/send me a quote for both dogs, put the excess up from £60 to £80 but even more annoyingly, when I phoned them said the best price they could do was £34 (why not quote that in the blooming first place then?)

Not only that, why do DirectLine have to smash everything up? Needless to say, cancelled the pet insurance and say f*** off every time their ads come on the telly.

Definitely Barry Scott/Cillit Bang - I dread to think what chemicals are in that stuff.

Advert I liked which many may find annoying ...

Was it Skoda who had the car cake with Julie Andrews singing My Favourite Things? What did they do with the cake? Why didn't the marzipan melt/disintegrate under the studio lights?

Oooh, another pet hate is Everest installing the solar panels at the most northern pub in Scotland (do they say UK though and where is it?) ever since they just charged a pensioner I know £9k rising to £20k if she don't pay in 1 month for solar panels/hot water system which anyone else charges £4k to £6k for ...