EU

Redrobbie99

What a load of !"£$%^&*

http://www.shetnews.co.uk/news/12298-referendum-voting-rights-archaic-and-racist

Why not just ask the EU if they want us to leave?????

Would it not be more appropriate to tell Tusk, Junker, Schultz et al, that we're leaving - regardless of what they might claim to think. They are the modern-day royalty, they've got all the power but they haven't been voted in, and they do as they wish without having to answer to anybody - but they leach off us at will and without any fear of what we might think.

I'll buy the bullets.....

Most independence supporters - however some Unionists might like to pain them - do not generally wish to see Scotland made independent against the democratic will of its people. ......

Given the amount of vicious bile, accusations of being 'traitors' and 'feart' - and downright aggression - shown by a not unsubstantial amount of Indy supporters after the referendum votes were counted, I could take you to task on that portion of your post, Hjasga.......  :thmbsup

If you wish to argue that those idiots represent most independence supporters, on you go. It's a quiet Monday morning and I could do with a laugh. 

Most independence supporters - however some Unionists might like to pain them - do not generally wish to see Scotland made independent against the democratic will of its people. ......

Given the amount of vicious bile, accusations of being 'traitors' and 'feart' - and downright aggression - shown by a not unsubstantial amount of Indy supporters after the referendum votes were counted, I could take you to task on that portion of your post, Hjasga.......  :thmbsup

If you wish to argue that those idiots represent most independence supporters, on you go. It's a quiet Monday morning and I could do with a laugh. 

No thanks, Hjasga, I were being a bit cheeky  :mrgreen:

Like many at the moment I am listening to TV,Radio and reading to the many views regarding whether to vote yes or no and totally confused.

One thing for sure we are overwhelmed with lots of unnessary legislation created in Brussels (by unelected personel) ,which affects us all. 

This is un-democratic as has already been discussed.  

This is one thing which could persuade me to vote to leave the EU,but on the otherhand we have had 70+ years of relative.peace and the question is, has our membership of the EU contributed to this?

When i look at the destruction and misery that war has brought on Syria,Iraq,Libya ect then if the answer is yes being a member has kept the peace then it is obvious which way to vote.

Edited by Urabug

When i look at the destruction and misery that war has brought on Syria,Iraq,Libya ect then if the answer is yes being a member has kept the peace then it is obvious which way to vote.

But, it hasn't "kept the peace" has it....  It has just lead to us having to find someone else to fight.... 

eg;

After WWII we had a go at Korea/Malaysia etc..  More recently, we have taken a pop at Argentina, Libya and, yes, Syria...

Voting "Yes" just means that we have to find different "enemies"..

I think that you might need to "gen up" on a few facts before posting...

No Colin I am Gened up ---I have not seen any tanks or aircraft blowing everything to smithereens on my travels throughout the UK recently!  

Have You?

Just as well that I understand what you mean by "gen(n)ed up".  Otherwise I might be wondering where you got your "genes" from.. :thmbsup

I would suggest that you haven't seen any of the above happening in the UK is because we seem to be doing to others who are, apperently, incapable of doing the same to us..  

Maybe that's how we get away with it..  I mean, a few bombs dropping on us would probably change a few attitudes.

Colin--The point is we have not had  "atrocities" commitied on our own shores.? Agree we have had problems but nothing like some countries .

The fact that we have been involved in wars outside the UK is not the point at the moment.

What is important is can we maintain PEACE in the uk should we pull out of the EU. Has it played any part!

Peace is worth a lot, it is like your health. If you have your health you will manage and the same goes for living in peace.

Edited by Urabug

Da Burra Shop --Yes You are correct NATO has played a major part in keeping the peace but i still have to be convinced that being in the EU has not played an important part to .

Do you still think the EU is the way to peace when it is steadily expanding into the former Soviet Union and managing to piss the Russians off?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/12023457/Brussels-to-ease-visa-restrictions-on-Turkey-in-exchange-for-taking-back-deported-migrants.html

With Turkey shooting down Russian planes and aiding ISIS and committing genocide on the Kurdish population, they are now being fast tracked into the EU, do you still think the EU is the path to peace?

The fact that we have been involved in wars outside the UK is not the point at the moment.

Oh!..  At which "point" will it become "the point"? 

You cannot really "cherry pick" different scenarios to fit your argument.

I would be prepared to concede that we have not had a reason/opportunity to wage war on any of our European allies(?) for the last few decades but, we have hardly passed up a chance to have a go at anyone else..

Your argument is fatally flawed...

Edited by Colin