EU

Redrobbie99

Guest Mr.Brown

I do know a couple of people who voted against Scottish independence who have since told me that they may have voted for it if the EU referendum had come first. Some also may feel that if they wanted Westminster to run their lives even partially, they would live south of the border. The fact is yes the majority of the UK (that chose to vote) as a whole, voted leave but the majority (again that chose to vote) of Scotland voted stay (in the EU). We are not just an area, we are a country. It just doesn't sit right with some of us that a whole country can be ignored. I personally think that another vote would be more beneficial than harmful whatever the result as we all have more information now.

I don't buy the idea that we should hold referendums until the situation changes to suit the current 'losing' side. Had the vote gone the other way, would anyone currently demanding another referendum even remotely consider or tolerate a second referendum? Absolutely no chance.....

Just like the Indy ref, there was a lot of bullpoopery on both sides - with ridiculous amounts of insults being hurled around at anyone who didn't agree with this or that opinion. At the end of the day, just like the Indy ref, the votes have been counted and the people have spoken.

Guest Mr.Brown

I'm personally not seeking IndyRef 2 (or more) to get my desired outcome. In the end I will live with whatever that is or accept that I will have to move if I find I can't. I would just like to be able to believe that our political system is carried out in as fair as possible a manner, I don't think that is unreasonable. There was certainly a lot of scaremongering & nonsense spoken in the run up to the referendum & I for one actually felt quite ashamed & even embarrassed of our politics. I imagine that any other country keeping up with us on their news must have looked at the UK in the same way that some of us (me definitely) now look at the USA.

The leverage the Republic of Ireland (as a small independent nation) has had in negotiations with the UK has certainly been an eye opener.

It certainly shows just how much use the Tory's are. It also suggests that teaming up with the D.U.P. has been a bad move, but that's Terry and the Tory's for you.