What is accom. for parents like at Aberdeen children's hospital?

peerieabi

Hello 

To be honest it has been a while since I have stayed there but until somebody with more recent info pipes up I will try to answer.

You won't be able to sleep in the same room but the accommodation is about 5 minutes away.

There is nice clean rooms with ensuite facilities and a shared kitchen. I think there was a lounge but I never used it.

I didn't cook as there was plenty of takeaways close and you can use the canteen.

The "Patient Hotel" rooms are a decent size with comfy beds, dressing table, wardrobe, color tv (12 - 20 channels), modern shower room with wc and wash hand basin and internal telephone.

You get breakfast and dinner provided in one of the two staff canteens (just put your room key on your tray).

Tea and coffee are available in the family kitchen, there is also basic cooking facilities available too.

You come and go as you please as you will have a key to the area door as well.

I hope this helps and your child recovers well.

Mal

I was down there two years ago with my daughter, who was 18 months old at the time. She was to be admitted to the ward for one night. The only way I could stay with her was if I slept on a chair beside her bed, as there was no room for a camp bed. I managed to persuade them to let me take her down to the family accommodation, as she wasn't in for anything serious (and she would have hated waking up to find I wasn't there). The accommodation is fine. The room we were in had two single beds, an en-suite toilet and a tv. We used the lounge, which has a vending machine. As was mentioned earlier, there's a shared kitchen, but the canteen is close by, and it's fine. The staff looking after the accommodation are lovely, too. Very helpful. I hope this helps!