tiny house

cicero

Funny you haven't had much replies . I may be able to help, and i have a yard to fabricate the kit, I look for jobs that are challenging and out of the ordinary also done design and layout for small spaces on boats,static caravans porta buildings and small conversions. James Pearson Joinery, established as self employed for twelve years and have twenty eight years as a joiner.

I live in a croft house and I am beginning to think even that is too big. I love the idea of living "small".

(I adore those houses by the little roundabout at the top of the hill in Lerwick - can't remember their name - near a guesthouse - where the Anderson kids walk down....)

It is the answer to affordable housing, cost wise and space wise,and yes you would need to have a peeree dug instead of a big een.

Ive just calculated that the rent saved in two years is nearly 8.000 notes and if i had a plot i could nearly build a  home for that.

That wee house company hoosey is excellent. That would pay for itself in no time at all, looks warm and comfortable. wow. A small 3kwatt multi fuel stove with a back boiler and it would be well toasty.

Having a serviced site is the problem, pity the council wouldn't let you build some ting like that at the caravan site at the back of the staney hill.  

3-4 80 watt Solar pannels and small wind gen set combo would probably supply most of the power needed if you were out all day working. 

Up rate the spec to withstand the shetland weather and you would be laughing.

I dinna think the cooncil like aff grid.

If it's your house and your land then it has nothing to do with the council if you choose to go off-grid, not that it will stop them interfering and making a nuisance of themselves. After all, that's one of the few things they're highly skilled at. That and giving bus stations away.

Edited by George.

If it's your house and your land then it has nothing to do with the council if you choose to go off-grid, not that it will stop them interfering and making a nuisance of themselves. After all, that's one of the few things they're highly skilled at. That and giving bus stations away.

Only if it's deemed to be a temporary structure aka whack it on those concrete filled tyres so it can be moved, isn't it?

Only if it's deemed to be a temporary structure aka whack it on those concrete filled tyres so it can be moved, isn't it?

Hmmm... what's it got to do with the council where you get your power from, Cranky? They don't have the time to waste on things like that anyway, they have so many really important things to do - like giving away bus stations and stopping people opening new restaurants. Things like that are too important to miss out on. That's why our council tax is so high.

Edited by George.

• 3 months later...

Maybe a petition amongst the Shetland community would help promote this great idea, I'm living in a static caravan and not looking forward to another wild winter in it, I'm a tradesman and would be happy to help in anyway shape or form, I don't care what I live in as long as it's cosy in the winter and affordable.