Deleting Posts

I suspect that posts cannot be deleted because "big brother" has dictated that evidence(?) of your internet activity now has to be kept forever (or something like that)...

Anything you say (or have said) will be kept forever and (probably) will be held against your "record".

Another little "freedom" shredded (perhaps I shouldn't say "shredded") in the name of "security".

If this concerns you then, I suggest that you avoid words like "AK47", "semtex", "Islamic State", "Suicide Bomb", etc.. 

(that should be enough to get this post "noticed" by something/someone)

I don't think it will happen.

Otherwise all and sundry would be able to go back and chop out posts where they got something wrong/made and ass of themselves etc.

The whole forum would then be littered with the unintelligible bare bones of threads - it would be like reading a book where someone has ripped out random pages.

I don't think it will happen.

Otherwise all and sundry would be able to go back and chop out posts where they got something wrong/made and ass of themselves etc.

The whole forum would then be littered with the unintelligible bare bones of threads - it would be like reading a book where someone has ripped out random pages.

In ye goode olde days it was possible to delete and edit to your hearts content but I think the delete function was disabled for the reason you point out.  I see the edit post function is still available, (but it has a time limit on it now) 

Edited by crofter