Travel Insurance

I haven't flown in a while but I am due to go south (2 flights down to get to London) for a few days.

Travel insurance - bearing in mind Flybe's abominable recent record and the brand being renamed "FlyMaybe", would you recommend taking travel insurance out for a single small little trip?

On the way down, I have left a gap of 4 hours at a Scottish airport (yawn) so the Sumburgh trip can be postponed, run late, whatever but at least hopefully get there eventually on that day.

On the way up, it doesn't matter as much.

I bought the flights through BA(ADS) so wonder if, say, the fog came down and everything stopped for the day, I would not get south for what I wanted, ie there would be no point in me being there.  Would BA refund or would this be a time for travel insurance to kick in?

Thanks

Sorry for being so evasive but I don't want to give my life details away for obvious reasons.

If you have a return ticket and the southbound flight is cancelled you ought to get a refund for the complete flight both ways.  That said Flybe/Loganair/BA are unlikely to refund hotel costs so travel insurance could help with that but certainly worth checking you are covered before buying said insurance.