doomed buildings

squintpinkies

i was talking about this with 'the better half' the other day and thought i may aswel check others opinions, not exactly news but hay ho.

do you think there are just buildings destined to make all businesses that try to operate in their premises to go under?

it was as we were driving into town i mentioned how it was a shame how the go-karts-turned-paintballing-thingy was unoperational and that it would of been a good thing to have done over the summer. Perhaps it could of been the fact it was "so far out of town" it didn't get the custom it deserved, maybe due to the fact it was outdoors put people off. Or, as the topic name suggests it was just doomed.

(sorry for my very poor english skills)

I have not a lot of time for superstitions, so my short answer has to be "No". However, that said I can think of a few commercial buildings that have served as host to a succession of failed enterprises, and it did very much seem as there was some sort of "curse" on them to ensure failure of whatever was within.

If you look at it in the longer term though you tend to find that those same buildings have had sucessful businesses in them previously, and most of them I can think of straight up, have gone on in time to have successful businesses operating from them again. So while it may seem at first impression at a particular time a building is "cursed", you must conclude from the bigger picture that there's more afoot than that, such as simply coincidence, the economic climate of that particular time, the calibre of (wannabe?!?) businessperson the buildling appealed to at that time, etc etc. Of course some curses may be of a time expiry nature :? , which supports the opposite train of thought.

At the risk of bogging the thread down with detail, The paintballing was a thriving little number until it changed hands, i have no idea what happened to it after but it just seemed to disappear.

The Go-Kart track is an object of desire for some of our more determined mini-moto dudes, but they can't get their wheels on it for some reason, can't really remember why (see what happens when you hear interesting local news in the wee small hours :oops: In wan lug and oot the idder)

At the risk of bogging the thread down with detail, The paintballing was a thriving little number until it changed hands, i have no idea what happened to it after but it just seemed to disappear.

The Go-Kart track is an object of desire for some of our more determined mini-moto dudes, but they can't get their wheels on it for some reason, can't really remember why (see what happens when you hear interesting local news in the wee small hours :oops: In wan lug and oot the idder)

i mind going to the paintballing on a staff night oot, fantastic idea allowing you to shoot your boss in the idea of bonding! it really is a shame it disapeared.

and i loved the Go karts aswel, it meant there was something to do on a saturday before i got a job...

........snip........it was as we were driving into town i mentioned how it was a shame how the go-karts-turned-paintballing-thingy was unoperational and that it would of been a good thing to have done over the summer. Perhaps it could of been the fact it was "so far out of town" it didn't get the custom it deserved, maybe due to the fact it was outdoors put people off. Or, as the topic name suggests it was just doomed.

(sorry for my very poor english skills)

I can't imagine that its location makes much difference as no-one is ever seen walking in the area, so everyone must come by car. So that can't be the answer.

There is also a smaller crowd to pull from. Where I come from there were twice as many people in the town as there are in Shetland. The paintball is 3 miles out of town and is always busy, but there seems to be an attitude of living life to the max there - yawn!!