Anime, Manga, Toku, Japanese animation etc

Aims

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didnt understand ghost in the shell. i do have it on video but never watch it. i get sooo confused and thats too much for my lil brain, lol.

well i really like this series called "3x3 eyes". it was on channel4 at midnight years ago! its pretty cool. but the best ones are Studio Ghibli! i really want to see one of his where there are loads of magical racoons in a forest and they can transform into different things! dont no the name of it tho, sounds interesting tho!! haha :lol:

3X3 Eyes, that was great! You just reminded me that I lent the video I had of that to a friend, and never saw it again.

The raccoon one is Pom Poko it is quite funny in moments, but I have to admit I had built it up in my head a little too much.

Have you seen Lain - Serial Experements, or The Maxx(not really Anime)?

i really want to see the racoon one but it probs means i have to buy it off net!

i own all of 3x3 eyes! theres 5 episodes in all i think. havent seen those ones im afraid. although i do watch a lot of them and dont no their names!! so i might have watched them, lol!!!

is it worth buying the racoon one?

I would advise you to buy the other Studio Ghibli ones before that one, I really quite like The Cat Returns.

About anime:

I tend to get strange looks from people when I uncover my love of anime, one such look is easily discernable as confusion, accompanied with the "Anime?" question. Then you get people who just look and repeat "Cartoons!", these individuals - if you can call them thus - should under no circumstances be trusted. if one cannot detach plot and storyline from the visual medium then one is directly responsible for the current state of world diplomacy!

Few people who have shown an interest have not seen much of anime. The big question is, what exactly endears anime to me? I usually stumble through the technology massive computers, Internet paradigms and weaponry. the common theme of bureaucratic dictatorships, one man against the world - with rare exception it is a man, sorry ladies - and the overcoming of insurmountable odds. A common theme is actually I think a message for the core of Japanese culture, the struggle towards individuality from a very organized and dictatorial social model.

Then I remember the original anime that got me interested and what my favorite pieces of the moment are. Of course! Amazingly powerful superhumans beating the hell out of each other in epic battles that tend to dwarf the actors and give you the impression of major war zones. not that I condone violence or anything.

Peace.

i really wanted to watch that one when it was on film4!! dam it!!

i love anime because the japanese arnt afriad to go dark. they do story about peoples worst fears and darkest imaginations! like they world coming to an end, you can see these stories come to life with out having to see it in your heads!!

Most of the anime I have is fairly rubbish bought on video years ago on impuse buys. But some of its really good like Sprited Away which is amazing, Golgo 13 & Wicked City were ok, I actually liked Legend of the Overfiend and the one after that. Allways wanted to see Princess Monikau (dont think thats spelt right!) which is ment to be like Spirited Away.

yeah, its from the same company! i think its prob the best one i have seen! its a lot more for adults. you should def see that one mate!!

legend of the overfiend was really messed up!! haha. i really liked the story though! i think iv only seensome of the second one, didnt really make any sense to me though. isnt there like 4 of them???

I guess I can't remove myself from my repressed British upbringing and enjoy hentai, somewhere in my surprisingly conservative sensibilities I can't abide the sight of two animated characters engaged coitally.

I found pokemon to be fluff, probably because it was anime for the purpose of selling a childrens' card game!

Does anyone read any of the Manga Comics of the animes? (could possibly be new thread, I feel "TV, Film, Arts and Literature" has a slight TV/film bias).