Fixed links

The bear

As I understand from the Norwegian contractors the tunnels would have been financed via there banks no pot of gold needed all they wanted was the ferry payment each year for I believe 5 years to cover the cost and then hand it back to Shetland.

Going back to ghost rider statement "is it not more complicated than that" well it can be as simple or as complicated as you want to make it!!!

Does anyone know if Tunnel and Geoconsult has built anything anywhere since it was incorporated in 2012?

Also, what about tolls? I'm sure Malkie Bell said it was £20 return to the airport in Faroe.

As far as I understand there were going to be no tolls all they wanted was the subsidy at its present level from the scottish government for a number of years to cover there cost. So it wouldn't cost anything in real terms as the government is giving the council a hand out anyway.

As far as I understand there were going to be no tolls all they wanted was the subsidy at its present level from the scottish government for a number of years to cover there cost. So it wouldn't cost anything in real terms as the government is giving the council a hand out anyway.

So a company that hasn't built anything is offering an unbelievably good deal. What could possibly go wrong?

I'd check up on the tolls too since a proportion of the cost of tunnels in Norway is always financed through tolls for 15-20 years.

Pretty sure the council only gets £5-6M a year for all the ferries so would take a lot more than five years to pay off even at zero interest.

Has anyone seen the detail of this offer / seabed survey / designs? Just curious.