Sweetner

sailor

moorit, an accountant is not qualified until they have a professional qualification, i.e. ACCA or CA for example. A degree in accountancy allows someone to start the relevant professional course later than someone who has nothing or less than a degree. On paper your friend is not a qualified accountant.

i know this does not answer the single status question. just thought it better to include all the facts.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One is an accountant with a university degree in accountancy, the other is a painter with no qualifications in painting. :wink:

Not every skill can be taught at university. Some things you only learn by doing.

:lol: You are quite correct again Fjool.

I can't imagine you would need to go to uni for 4 years to learn how to paint walls !!

I would reckon a 15 minutes lesson from the highly paid painting assistant foreman would do. :wink:

Result from Unison ballot:

926 ballot papers went out, and 687 were returned: a return of 74%.

Of the 687 no fewer than 640 members voted to REJECT (93%)

44 voted to ACCEPT (6.5%).

3 papers were spoiled.

Great news, with a strong show of support against SS.

>>The SIC management team said there were only 25% of staff getting pay cuts.

Yes, the management single status negotiators did say this - but they didn't release the information that would have allowed the unions to check it. I think by now everyone agrees that it was a load of rubbish!

The SIC management team said there were only 25% of staff getting pay cuts.

Going by the result of this ballot a huge percentage of 'winners' must have voted against accepting more money. Strange :?

What's strange about that...???

:?: :?: :?:

Going by the result of this ballot a huge percentage of 'winners' must have voted against accepting more money. Strange :?

Perhaps they were inclined to vote "No" due to the principle of Single Status on the whole rather than vote "Yes" because they were better off after it.

There are examples of 'winners' who's hourly rate was going up, but their take home pay was going to be less, as their terms and conditions (overtime/bonus) would have changed.

Some 'winners' have partners/members of their household who are 'losers', so overall the money coming into the home would have been considerably less.

There are also those who just do not agree with the SS process as it stands at present.

I here that the TU&GW Union are not going to go to a ballot. Their ballot may have had a different outcome, as I think there members are mostly manual workers.

Unison has a high percentage of APT & C staff (office workers).

Perhaps they were inclined to vote "No" due to the principle of Single Status on the whole rather than vote "Yes" because they were better off after it.

..or perhaps, as Brian says above, the real number of staff taking a cut is a lot greater than 25 %.

..or perhaps, as Brian says above, the real number of staff taking a cut is a lot greater than 25 %.

It depends how you define "up". I suspect this claim is based on hourly rates.

I know people whose hourly rate is going up by about 50p per hour. Good news for them and WINNERS say the SIC.

The not so good news for them is that due to cuts in allowances, weekend enhancements etc their income is actually reducing by £2000 per annum.