Lerwick Up Helly Aa

peeriebryan

Female squad members in Lerwick Up Helly Aa (2022 poll)  

26 members have voted

1. 1. In principle, should women be allowed to participate in Lerwick Up Helly-Aa as squad members?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Is logistics (already high numbers of guizers, waiting lists for squads etc) a valid reason not to allow women to participate in Lerwick Up Helly-Aa as squad members?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. The current ‘male only’ squad member demographic of Lerwick Up Helly-Aa is….

• Sexist
    • Traditional

I think it would be better for you to drop this subject . If your UHA means so much to you I suggest writing an apology to the committee and keeping stumm about behaving for a couple of years - then they might let you back in.

It`s not my Up Helly Aa, can no one voice an opinion anymore without a remark like that being fired back at them.

I see more people getting banned in the Shetland Times today.

Looks like a personal Vendetta is going on here.

Sure a personal vendetta going on commenting on something to do with Up Helly Ah in a Up Helly Ah thread, i did not even mention the guys name! sheesh, talk about paranoid.

Well, what a surprise, another thread full of hear say and b.o,l,l,o,c,k,s from people who think they know whats going on.

Just to be clear, the article in The Shetland Times, which in my opinion had no place being printed, is factually wrong. The ban is for 3 years but it is a ban from The Galley Shed not a ban on taking part in the procession or visiting the halls. Journalism at it's finest, half a bloody story!!!!

EM - Your replies are spot on, goodluck with SMUHA :wink:

If people cant go out and enjoy themselves at Up Helly Aa and behave and that includes the ex Jarl who's made a complete fool of himself once again..You will just have to take what you get and maybe learn to behave in future.. :roll: :roll: :roll:

The Committee are looking a bit silly themselves, there`s one of them leaking the meenuts from private meetings in the Galley Shed to the press which has no business leaving the Galley Shed. And are they now going to publicly name every banned guizer from the festival each year? Also will they be punishing the Committee member who is leaking information to the press?

What petty insignificant nonsense.

Weel I`m just a peerie bit worried dat I might go oot on UHA night hae a good dram in me (as you do) an maybe faa ower on tap o a hostess be accident an she pits in a complaint, am I gain tae be hauled up in front o da committee and geen a lengthly ban an me name plastered ower da paper. :P

The Committee are looking a bit silly themselves, there`s one of them leaking the meenuts from private meetings in the Galley Shed to the press which has no business leaving the Galley Shed.

....am I gain tae be hauled up in front o da committee....

Uh, huh.

Can you elaborate?

Weel I`m just a peerie bit worried dat I might go oot on UHA night hae a good dram in me (as you do) an maybe faa ower on tap o a hostess be accident an she pits in a complaint, am I gain tae be hauled up in front o da committee and geen a lengthly ban an me name plastered ower da paper. :P

Maybe the alternative is to be hauled up in front of the sheriff on a drunk and disorderly charge - I'm guessing this is what the committee are trying to avoid? they probably need to demonstrate that they have some sort of control over how folk behave on the night.

Maybe the alternative is to be hauled up in front of the sheriff on a drunk and disorderly charge - I'm guessing this is what the committee are trying to avoid? they probably need to demonstrate that they have some sort of control over how folk behave on the night.

I see, well I wouldn`t be out drinking for eleven hours on any other night other than UHA night so don`t expect so much drink would be taken on an ordinary night/weekend so wouldn`t expect to be in the other predicament. So if I go out on UHA night and have a good dram (as you do) and fall over on top of that Hostess by accident and she puts in a complaint, I shall be hauled up in front of the Committee and given a lengthly ban and shall get my name plastered over the paper, is that correct? Boy oh boy Has the fun of UHA come to this?

The ‘jokes committee’ seem to have not quite thought all this through properly, which has had a very serious impact on all concerned. Laughing at other’s misfortune so publicly is simply ignorant and appears to have been designed to cause hurt (which it has). :cry:

‘It’s never too late to mend’

• admin changed the title to Lerwick Up Helly Aa