"New Post" indicators

McFly

my orange blobs are gone again :cry: I was halfway through reading the new posts then I logged out while I ate my dinner and when I logged back on they were gone.I tried logging out and in again and then I logged out from Opera and into Internet explorer but alas still no blobs........

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going to bring this one up again i'm afraid. The orange blobs seem to work on the forums page, but not inside a particular forum, unless I've actually posted in the thread. Even then, the peerie buttons for going straight to the first new post as opposed to the beginning of the thread don't work. It just comes up with a blank page.

All this is in Firefox, which is HIGHLY CRITICAL of course, as without Firefoxes mouse gestures I wouldn't be able to enlarge the text with my wireless mouse, allowing me to read Shetlink in bed :)

• 1 month later...

Hi-i just to let you ken the orange blobbies have disappeared for me too tonight. Nice orangey welcoming blobbies but when I opened the first thread they all disappeared and have not yet returned. :(

Could be because my computer crashed twice while online?

Could be because my computer crashed twice while online?
Probably. The blobs are meant to show new posts since you last logged in. If you log out (which the forum software may have thought you had done when your computer crashed) then the new posts for that session disappear. Next time you log in, you'll see the indicators for new posts since you last logged out. If that makes sense.

I've had the Windows/Firefox problem for the first time. A friend has a brand new windows PC with no tinkering done. The post indicators work as expected with Explorer but I'm experiencing the same problems as described in this thread while working with Firefox.

I've used Firefox/PC/Windows combinations plenty of times with no problems. It seems to be (as with many untracable Windows/PC problems) that it's a particular combination of operating system version and browser version. I'm not sure there is anything we can do at this end.

My advice is; buy a Mac :wink:

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...