Concrete buildings on Clikimin loch shore

audi-ya-do

Anyone any idea what the concrete building foundations were on the west shore of the Clikimin loch. If anyone has photos of these in their prime please post them, would love to see them in use. Shetland has huge amounts of odd structures mostly from the world war eras and tracking down what they were and what they were used for is very hard.

Thanks JNBL I thought ammo dumps too, due to their location at the edge of the loch (for fire fighting?!) However what makes me stop and think, is that they appear to be concrete foundations only, and look as if there was a structure possibly wood or steel on top. Second no sign of blast shielding at the entrances. The only other idea was Anderson bomb shelters as they are all the same size. Surely someone knows or better still has photos???

I believe they were huts for soldiers  to live in . The round gable walls were still standing on some of them until a few years ago when they were knocked down for safety reasons  . The sides were constructed off crescent shaped corrugated sheets .