Lerwick town centre

suuusssiiieee

Why should 'money' always come into the equation.  Surely, the good citizens of Lerwick would be willing to provide such a public service(?) for free.... :thmbsup

So, Colin, you'll be first IN the stocks then eh? ;-)

Why would that be?

Given that I haven't driven a car in 20 years and, I only once had to drive on the street, it would seem that I might be a pretty poor candidate. 

You're just taking a "pop" aren't you?  :mrgreen:

Why should 'money' always come into the equation.  Surely, the good citizens of Lerwick would be willing to provide such a public service(?) for free.... :thmbsup

So, Colin, you'll be first IN the stocks then eh? ;-)

Why would that be?

Given that I haven't driven a car in 20 years and, I only once had to drive on the street, it would seem that I might be a pretty poor candidate. 

You're just taking a "pop" aren't you?  :mrgreen:

I wasn't aware it was aimed at car drivers only.  Besides, think of the free entertainment value. ;-)

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

30+ years ago there were very, very few cars on the street during business hours. The few that were either had a damn good reason to be there, or were crazy, as with the number of folk that was on the street, progress in a lot of places was slower than walking, if not a dead stop. Wheeling a hand barrow or carrying a delivery basket through the place was challenge enough most days given the average density of humanity, and I speak from experience on that one.

So which are we to believe, that car drivers have persisted in such number for so long thats its driven so many folk away from the street to the point it by all appearances is in a terminal condition, or did the terminal decline start first, and the increase in cars is simply a side effect of that, with drivers seeing the street as increasingly more viable due to the steady decline of folk using it.

• 2 months later...