Have your say on Knab plans

Urabug

• 1 month later...

More feasibility studies and development plans and schemes will be needed.  Preferably done by their own members of the friends/family/Jarl Squad who conveniently offer this service.  Keeping it in-house is an obvious cost-cutting (*** cough pocket-lining cough **) method too.

Cynic?  Moi?

Boy, bring me more liquid gold. I need to flush the loo!

^Hee hee, wonder how many peeps living or working more than a couple of miles from the Knab will be allowed to go anywhere near it :?: Apart from councelors and their family, possibly their neighbours and maybe their friends - if they actually have any :ponders:

Apart from councelors and their family, possibly their neighbours and maybe their friends - if they actually have any :ponders:

Sayin da councillors dunna hae ony friends is lik something an 8-year-old wid write!

And Frances, if du's has concerns aboot corruption and nepotism, dir's more constructive places du can raise it den on here.

I dunna work fr da SIC, by da wye :-)

Sayin da councillors dunna hae ony friends is lik something an 8-year-old wid write!

And Frances, if du's has concerns aboot corruption and nepotism, dir's more constructive places du can raise it den on here.

I dunna work fr da SIC, by da wye :-)

Goodness, every sentence is a paragraph.

Edited by George.

More feasibility studies and development plans and schemes will be needed.  Preferably done by their own members of the friends/family/Jarl Squad who conveniently offer this service.  Keeping it in-house is an obvious cost-cutting (*** cough pocket-lining cough **) method too.

Cynic?  Moi?

Boy, bring me more liquid gold. I need to flush the loo!

I would suggest that you don't know many Shetland Councillors personally if you think they are all their to line their own pockets or anything else corrupt. I would also suggest you know little about Government procurement legislation or rules around appraisal and evaluation of projects. If you have evidence of wrongdoing then take it through proper channels. If not then I don't see why such wild accusations should be getting made in the first place. 

Yun's splendid George. Du obviously doesna lik single sentence paragraphs afore du writes it in blue under aa dy posts! :-)

A paragraph can easily be a single sentence if it's dealing wee anidder subject. Du should mibee brush up on dee knowledge o grammar if du's going to be makin a song and dance aboot idder folks writing.

Edited by Muckle Oxters

Maybe addressing site access would have been a smart first move. The New Road/Knab Road junction has always been a hell of a place to use, and won't get any better without extensive demolitions. Breiwick road is the only other viable access, and its narrow, with blind bends/summits and a less than pleasant junction at the Sletts.

Talking about building a pile of houses somewhere between the size of Sandveien and Nederdale with all the traffic occupants of that number will produce, never mind what's generated by anything else teh site may contain, is just going to make a road rage inducing snarl up.

Open up decent access as a first priority, then you can make the site in to anything you like, but leave as is and you might as well turn the whole thing in to a cemetery extension, as it'll be such a pain to get to/from nobody will want to hassle with it regardless of whatever is on the site.

Does the toon really need another 100 odd houses anyway, on top of however many hundred are supposedly already in the pipeline to urbanise most of the Staney Hill?