Contempt of Court

JustMe

Guest Anonymous

Would it be possible, in light of the sheriffs belief that he is greater than the weather. That any person before him for sentencing, could refuse his sentence due to perceived insanity. :lol:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Question: -

What would you lot like me to bring you in prison 8O

:lol:

Well said that Mouth, careful you guys, or there'll be a hanging in town.

On a lighter and more positive note, a remand centre up here would be great, i'd go for that, erm the job that is not the incarceration. It'd be a cool job cos you could stack people up in nekkid human pyramids and make them wear dog leashes and stuff, then, not only that but you could get famous putting the picturs on the net :tmbup; I reckon. It is Bush's Britain right?

:twisted:

Guest Anonymous

Re: Remand centre idea. Has the comparitive costs ever been worked out??

It seems to me that the cost of transporting bad un's must be very high. So it would make a lot of sense.

Perhaps one cell for druggies, one cell for dangerous drivers( :lol: ), and two or three for SIC councillors on remand for giving all our money to Smyril. :lol:

I hasten to add that this is all tongue in cheek :lol: ... I didn't even mention a bed for the sheriff :lol:

I cant understand how the sheriff thought reliance could take a prisoner on the boat. On a flight the reliance officer sits next to the prisoner at all times. Surely the logistics of keeping the prisoner in the cabin for 12 hours when he could easily open the door would make the idea a non starter.

If someone causes trouble on the boat they are put in a cabin for the rest of the journey and at all times there is at least one member of staff watching the cabin door. This takes a lot of man power (I know someone this has happened to).

Also would northlink be willing to accomodate people on remand when they dont have secure cabins that they can use as a remand cell?

I cant understand how the sheriff thought reliance could take a prisoner on the boat. On a flight the reliance officer sits next to the prisoner at all times. Surely the logistics of keeping the prisoner in the cabin for 12 hours when he could easily open the door would make the idea a non starter.

If someone causes trouble on the boat they are put in a cabin for the rest of the journey and at all times there is at least one member of staff watching the cabin door. This takes a lot of man power (I know someone this has happened to).

Also would northlink be willing to accomodate people on remand when they dont have secure cabins that they can use as a remand cell?

I've seen Reliance on the boat with somebody on remand.

The young chap in question was standing out on deck at the back, having a smoke while handcuffed to one of the Reliance people and with two others close by. I'm not sure what the arrangement in the cabin was, but I'm guessing it was very cosy.

And what's the chances of them being able to book a cabin at short notice in the first place?

I am concerned at how the fiscal's competence is being drawn into question on this thread so I thought that it might be worth asking you all to contribute any prison etiquette stories you may have heard of. These may be useful to you in the future when after littering Da Street with a sweetie wrapper you are incarcerated for a double digit year span.

Can I start the ball rolling by suggesting these: -

1. Under no circumstances pick up the soap

2. Look after your snout

3. Respect the Daddy

And what's the chances of them being able to book a cabin at short notice in the first place?

Nah; he could be punished by having to spend the night sleeping on one of the benches in the front bar!! Ha ha ha! And let him fall off the bench when the boat pitches back and forth! And get woken up whenever drunk folk or kids go by! That'll teach him!! Ha ha ha!

Oh wait... That's what I do every time...

Maybe if I get myself remanded in custody, I could get free cabins on the ferry?

• 2 weeks later...

This has nothing to do with the previous case, but it appealed enough to me to want to post it somewhere:

Sheriff Edward Savage said that rather than settle the case yesterday, he would "prefer to see a Sword of Damocles hanging over him for a while longer".

You just couldn't write this stuff! :lol: Sounds like a tag-line from Judge Dredd :D

Sparkie/fireworks story

Is there anything the guy can do?. An appeal to some higher court could perhaps happen after sentence but before then???. Surely there has to be some obscure bit of legislation to stop a Sheriff behaving like this. Maybe he could change his plea to "Not Guilty" and have his defence agent submit that there is no case to answer. That the setting off of the firework was a simple prank that showed no guilty mind and given the unusual nature of the way the firework caused the fire did not display conduct so reckless that a crime had been comitted.

Perhaps if that was to fail the cost of the damages could be queried. Thats a lot of stuff for a small plumber to keep and if the plumber had not insured his stock should the firework guy be responsible for all the losses?.

I am wondering if there is some "mad Sheriff disease" going about. One expects Reliance to control the weather and another seems to take pleasure in prolonging the agony of this youth who, as we read in the news report, is already suffering in his exams because of the stress which is being prolonged by this Sheriff.