'SHETLAND' at the Thule.

Ghostrider

That is the SIC's idea of a bicycle stand.

It is? I'd never have guessed from the pics.....Maybe it looks a bit more bicycle standish in person.... :???:

Why, though, for whom?..... Was this to be King Gary Robinson's personal parking spot when he was in lycra mode and nipped in for a pint, but he got de-throned before it was put up, or something. 90+% of the bikes you see are kids on BMX type efforts, who don't park much as a rule, unless at shop doors when they go in.

Edited by Ghostrider

I never thought this was a bike stand.  I mean seriously, is that what it is?  And where are these plethora of bikes?  This isn't Amsterdam/Oxford/London (other bike-friendly towns may apply). 

Will we soon have Lerwick-Bikes like Boris Bikes?

(and does that mean the elder brother version at Mavis Grind is a bike stand too?)

Mind at one Living Lerwick AGM meeting I was at. They were speaking about painting the bollards up to look like minions.

That's how low the big plans sink.

There's comedy value there, for all the wrong reasons. Whoever dreamed it up probably thought it was a brilliant idea. What were they going to come up with next, chessboard and hopcotch squares laid in to the street to keep the bairns amused....

I agree Ghostie, certainly a comedy show. It was their idea of making da street and esplanade look more attractive. Think us shop keepers and the shoppers have far bigger issues than thinking about minion bollards. You couldn't write it, if you did, no one would believe that this is the ideas of "experts" on making the town better and improving footfall.