Bad driving in Shetland

audi-ya-do

To the driver of OY64 BNE silver Caddy van, Thanks for driving so close to me at 0725 through Whiteness. Even in the gloom of early morning you were so close to me that I could read your number plate!!! Although the traffic in front was only doing 50mph, up Wormadale hill, what did you think you'd achieve by being so close? Even at 50mph you are still covering 22 meters per second. At the distance you were from me, if something had happened i.e. a car coming the other way on our side of the road, you wouldn't even have had time to process that something was wrong before going into the back of me.

But don't worry I'm sure if something happened our useless police force in Shetland would find some reason for the car you hit to be in the wrong!!!

I wasn't the one driving like a tw*!t. Think you'll find I was at a safe distance from the car in front and driving correctly for the conditions and traffic. If someone is so close you can read their front number plate in the semi-gloom of the pre-dawn I'd say that's too close even at 30mph let alone 50. By the way I'd rather place these antics on here, than be like the spineless goons who report everything to the cops. Mind you if being named and shamed hurts peoples sensibilities, then maybe reporting these things to the police with the dash cam footage is the other option. 

Take it you're the person who owns the van? Yes people like this are the reason I got these accursed dash cams, people who drive like pilticks and then won't accept that they were driving bad-then make on that everyone else is at fault except them. And no I have never been a nark and don't particularly like the police, why do you think I posted this rather than go to the fuzz?! Be honest police or post, which would you prefer that I did? Me I'd rather someone post something, and if I was in the wrong, I could at least apologise and try to make right what I had done- learn from it even, rather than get police involved. I'm done now, put what you like in return, I don't care. If people can't admit even to themselves that they were too close, then I won't waste time with a fools.

Edited by audi-ya-do

I think that was brave of Audi-ya-do to post the registration plate of this driver or any driver who drives dangerously.  I too have had experiences of extremely dangerous drivers and reported to police and they do nothing and make out that the driver in the right is in the wrong, like say you have to drive at 40mph where it is sign posted 30, etc, stop in middle of main road without warning, come out of side road onto main road right in front of driver driving near 60 on main road, etc I could go on... and police do not say why this is so, because they are indeed themselves acting illegally with this of how they are working , likely all these drivers are people they like I most certainly think that is so as I gave registration numbers and all information and them hating others in my case who has told the absolute honest truth and so I have no faith in police and never ever will until they start to work legally and sort things out.

Kaiser Chef - I think you really must work in police service to document what you have and think that it is not very nice at all to Audi-ya-do or anyone to post that and wonder why the moderators let certain things be said on this site, you are trying to say that honest people who have dash-cams and report it to the police are spineless goons and just about saying that the police do not wish this or to deal with any dangerous drivers, maybe you will be the one to come the worse off in a serious accident, no-one knows at anytime whee their lives may change forever in an accident because of extremely dangerous drivers.

From experience I think police just take their hate crime out against certain honest individuals that they just hate and there is no buts about it.  Police require to deal with what is reported to them and should follow their policies, procedures, standards, code of conduct, Highway Code, Road Traffic Legislation, etc - not that they are doing that with my experience of them either.

So good on you Audi-ya-do for documenting the registration number, as moderators obviously think that is acceptable, so I might just do that next time, as in these past few years I have unfortunately come across quite a number of extremely dangerous drivers and am lucky that I am still here, just because I took extreme evasive action and I have told police that I will not be doing that ever again with how illegal they are working and I can see that they just wish me dead, so do I with how they are treating me as people can only take so much, still awaiting them to sort things out and will contact them for however long I am living to get them to do so, them treating honest people wrongly is not the public service they should be giving out and they should explain themselves, which they just will not do.

Evidence on this site shows that they do! I did not act irresponsibly or childish - I told the truth, the police acted illegally and still are!  I did not act like a vigilante as reported to police, did not take law into my own hands as that would state in your words, jut who do you think you are to state what you are, I wouldn't like to personally know you that's for sure!  Still sounds like you are in police force!

This site only appears to be arguments and disagreements forever!

Edited by mmmh

Evidence on this site shows that they do! I did not act irresponsibly or childish - I told the truth, the police acted illegally and still are!  I did not act like a vigilante as reported to police, did not take law into my own hands as that would state in your words, jut who do you think you are to state what you are, I wouldn't like to personally know you that's for sure!  Still sounds like you are in police force!

This site only appears to be arguments and disagreements forever!

Interesting that you believe that I was directing my comment towards you. I wasn't.

Irresponsible 'driving'(as this topic is about that and not about you) is a subject that many don't believe they're guilty of. Take Audi-guy for instance. The correct thing to do would be to reduce speed. That would eliminate the risk of a high impact incident. Continuing to drive at 50mph while staring in the mirror and raising your own stress is not a safe way to operate a vehicle. But few people are able to admit they are actually quite poor at hazard perception.

Okay Kaiser Chief, but you should realise from what Audi-ya-do wrote that it was the van driver that was driving too close to him, not the other way round.

If Audi-ya-do-dah actually reduced speed like you say he/she should have done, then the van driver would have been in the back of his or her vehicle, you should see this if you read his post, it was the driver driving too close to him.  Interesting you say this as this is just like police with what I have reported like saying I should have been driving at 40 in 30 area with the speeding motorist behind me and then tailgaiting that I had to go over 30 or he in his red van, I could say number plate would have been in the back of my vehicle, but I was in wrong by police as I should be driving at 40 in 30 signposted areas, that I know to do now and will be perfectly acceptable when police see me as I have this authority as they told me 30 is to drive at 40,so there it is!

Edited by mmmh