Bad driving in Shetland

audi-ya-do

As has been stated here;

If someone is "tailgating" you at speed then, the best course of action is to slow down.  Never mind what the clown(?) behind is doing  slow down and let him overtake if it bothers you so much.

Did this one time to a bus. Driver was mad as hell with me and followed until I stopped.  Started shouting the odds at me until I invited him to get the police involved.  After all, by slowing down I was only making sure the HE had a safe braking distance.

I think that if everyone went the speed limit (conditions pending) all would be fine. You do get stupid drivers who speed (excessively), and drivers which go too slow. There is no problem in overtaking as long as it is done safely.. If someone wants to drive really fast thats up to them as long as nobody else is on the road and it is only them in danger. 

One thing that i think would be a fantastic idea as an additional driving test module would be a few days away with an advanced driving school driving on the roads south, motorways etc. It would definetly help.

Slow down and have them run into the back off your vehicle, if they did that to me then I would be shouting the odds at them and getting the police there and then, not that they would do anything in my experiences and I know I need not bother as they love illegal people at all times from my experiences and I have no trust in them until they sort things out and work legally as they should be doing, that driver in the back of my vehicle for example would be the one in the right, that is my experience.  I drive to the limit speed but am allowed to do 40 in 30 re police, they know who they have told this to and I know Policeman's name and also got letter from Chief of Police so I am definitely allowed!, so they know I'm allowed to legally.  

You try what you say and have them in the back of your vehicle and see how you feel as you are condoning their speeding and tailgaiting, when it should be sorted so they stop and start to drive sensibly, if that's possible, but it's the police service's position to deal with irresponsible drivers, but they just do not.

I guess there is nothing illegal to them in Shetland and so why are there any police?  I would change my position on this if the police actually dealt with things legally and with what I have reported, guess there is a no flying change in h*ll of this, but will go on forever until they sort out.

I think that if everyone went the speed limit (conditions pending) all would be fine. You do get stupid drivers who speed (excessively), and drivers which go too slow. There is no problem in overtaking as long as it is done safely.. If someone wants to drive really fast thats up to them as long as nobody else is on the road and it is only them in danger. 

One thing that i think would be a fantastic idea as an additional driving test module would be a few days away with an advanced driving school driving on the roads south, motorways etc. It would definetly help.

Not a bad idea. I know people up here who have never driven on real roads. There's a guy along the road from me that refuses to even drive down to Lerwick.

As has been stated here;

If someone is "tailgating" you at speed then, the best course of action is to slow down.  Never mind what the clown(?) behind is doing  slow down and let him overtake if it bothers you so much.

Did this one time to a bus. Driver was mad as hell with me and followed until I stopped.  Started shouting the odds at me until I invited him to get the police involved.  After all, by slowing down I was only making sure the HE had a safe braking distance.

You'd think bus drivers would've been through a defencive driver course?

Not a bad idea. I know people up here who have never driven on real roads. There's a guy along the road from me that refuses to even drive down to Lerwick.

People like that should have there driving license taking of them, there obviously not confident on the roads.

You should not brake just to stop a severe tailgaiting vehicle behind you, that driver should not be tailgaiting as they should leave enough room to stop safely without going into back of first vehicle and the first vehicle should not slow down just to annoy the other driver tailgaiting that is just not highway code rules and waiting for an accident to happen and wishing it to - the police should sort this out - will wait and see if they do, until they do I have no trust in them, them not doing so is waiting for more deaths on the roads, it could be me, you or anyone you know, no one knows when -  and they say shetland is a safe place, well casualties does not confirm that and police not sorting out extremely dangerous drivers when they should as it is why they are police officers, as it is from my experience they help those who have done wrong and harm those who have told the truth, they harm those who have had something stolen and illegally threaten them and let off those who stole and who still have the item at the time of police involvement, still do or have dumped it, but that is not the issue, the police should have sorted it and still have not.  I see that I could write down in police forum on this site the name number and rank of this and it would be perfectly acceptable by moderators too, I am not going to though, they know who they are, will see if they do actually sort this out, as I will be onto them yet again, will be forever until they sort it all out. I know this but should be on another topic - so sorry about that.

Don't take offense from what is posted on this by people Audi -ya-do, as I just see that this site is bullying, fighting, arguing at all times and nothing good or happy appears to be on this site and moderators just let the bullying continue and actually like the bullies, that is my perception of shetlink.  If you have video footage of this then personally I would take it to the police, it proves the truth and they cannot say otherwise, as they do not wish to hear the truth when I tell them and make out the idiots are right and just pi*s me off, but I will not let it go until they sort it out - and that is police acting illegally, waiting to see if they can start to work legally.

It would be great if Police in Shetland would actually come onto this topic and state what people should do, slow down and be a fool to the tailgaiter waiting for the serious tailgaiter driving right up the back of your vehicle as unable to stop without going into your vehicle if you slowed down as you could not see their number plate as too far up behind your vehicle, just as they were speeding seriously and could not stop!, that happened to me and they told me that I was meant to be driving at 40 when it is signposted 30 and just shows how illegal police are and they like those who do wrong and hurt those who are right and tell the truth, so am allowed to drive at 40 in 30 areas, inconsistency forever as people have been caught speeding there, to drive up the back of your car or just carry on at the speed limit as you are doing - as people have different perceptions of what is right or wrong - Mr MacInness, did this - what a lovely voice to hear on the radio he had too. Could you do this? 

Edited by mmmh

You can be fined £100 and get three penalty points for severe tailgaiting - I bet this never happens in Shetland, not from my experience anyway as the one in the right is in the wrong at all times!  I will never ever brake to annoy a severe tailgaiter and have them in the back of my vehicle, wish to protect my vehicle and not have damaged unnecessarily by complete and utter fools who the police should deal effectively with, but just will not. 

So report this driver Audi-ya-do with your video footage and they will be dealt with, if not come back here and let us know they have not and we will put up a campaign to get the police to deal with extremely dangerous drivers, as they should be doing anyway, but just are not. 

I'll help with this if it's the only way to make our roads and lives safer from dangerous drivers so no-one unnecessarily dies on our roads, because any day soon it could be me, you, your friends or family, no-one knows what's going to happen when you are in your vehicle from dangerous drivers.

I demand to know who is short-sighted and who is long-sighted!  All drivers should have this displayed on their number plates so that other drivers know!  Perish the thought too that someone viewed a number plate from a side mirror and not the rear-view mirror - or anyone having a mirror (like on some motorbikes) that display words to the effect of 'Vehicles may appear closer/larger than they actually are'.

Tongue in cheek but no doubt for even daring to voice an opinion I'll be accused of being a bully but hey, if I stamp my feet, have a hissy fit, flick my hair and do a flounce for all of 24 hours, does that mean I can scream at the top of my voice everyone is a crap driver but meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :-)

I demand to know who is short-sighted and who is long-sighted!  All drivers should have this displayed on their number plates so that other drivers know!  Perish the thought too that someone viewed a number plate from a side mirror and not the rear-view mirror - or anyone having a mirror (like on some motorbikes) that display words to the effect of 'Vehicles may appear closer/larger than they actually are'.

Tongue in cheek but no doubt for even daring to voice an opinion I'll be accused of being a bully but hey, if I stamp my feet, have a hissy fit, flick my hair and do a flounce for all of 24 hours, does that mean I can scream at the top of my voice everyone is a crap driver but meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :-)

Depends on whether you drive an audi or not. Apparently.

See what I mean, Shetlink is just a site of arguing, bullying, not getting on, etc - wondered when you and ghostrider would get onto this, what you wrote Suffererof1crankymofo - you should know that no-one in this life is perfect, although you may think you are, but people should for themselves and everyone else drive safely and not this extreme tailgaiting, speeding, etc wanting to get there like now, well these drivers should know that driving like this they may never get there and have no tomorrow, or they could inflict this on innocent people whether in vehicles or outwith and I guess with this attitude some of you have you would not give a damn hoot if you inflicted severe impairment for life on another or their death.  

Kaiser Chef how you can say anyone who reports anything to police is a spineless goon is unbelievable and says a great deal about yourself.- maybe you should say that about the people in authority that should be dealing with this and are not and question why they are not when it is their legal responsibility to do this,  - they are there to deal with idiotic drivers who are not following highway code and they should do this - I guess they only do when the people they love contact them, otherwise it is you that is in the wrong at all times as they love the drivers in the wrong, but having video footage that is a whole different ball-game - so Audi-ya-do please go to police with your video footage - they will have to deal with it and let us know if they do not as I stated before.

Not nice to call anyone an "it" whoever they are and whatever you are meaning who knows, either Kaiser Chef!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    I guess you call yourself a "he" and never an "it"!!!!!!!!!!!! - not nice at all!!!!!!!! not that you clearly think that!!!!!!!!!!!!

For your information I have driven an audi, but that has nothing whatsoever to do with this, just sillyness is what this site is and you do not take anything seriously at all that's perfectly clear for all to see and a certain number of you just pounce on certain people too ad moderators let everything just go.

Those of you who condone this with what you have written clearly are speeding, tailgaiters, etc in your driving.

I am severely disgusted with certain individuals on this Shetlink.

Edited by mmmh