Bad driving in Shetland

audi-ya-do

I think that if everyone went the speed limit (conditions pending) all would be fine. You do get stupid drivers who speed (excessively), and drivers which go too slow. There is no problem in overtaking as long as it is done safely.. If someone wants to drive really fast thats up to them as long as nobody else is on the road and it is only them in danger. 

One thing that i think would be a fantastic idea as an additional driving test module would be a few days away with an advanced driving school driving on the roads south, motorways etc. It would definetly help.

Not a bad idea. I know people up here who have never driven on real roads. There's a guy along the road from me that refuses to even drive down to Lerwick.

People like that should have there driving license taking of them, there obviously not confident on the roads.

That might be a little harsh. You can't go around taking away privileges from people who are over cautious. 

I think technology will win out on this and vehicles will have gps fitted eventually and reckless drivers could have their antics tracked.  

^^ Look at you, you must be kidding.  Suffererof1crankymofo is yours.  I don't like beards, facial hair, although I see you don't have one.

Edited by mmmh

I think that was brave of Audi-ya-do to post the registration plate of this driver or any driver who drives dangerously.  I too have had experiences of extremely dangerous drivers and reported to police and they do nothing and make out that the driver in the right is in the wrong, like say you have to drive at 40mph where it is sign posted 30, etc, stop in middle of main road without warning, come out of side road onto main road right in front of driver driving near 60 on main road, etc I could go on... and police do not say why this is so, because they are indeed themselves acting illegally with this of how they are working , likely all these drivers are people they like I most certainly think that is so as I gave registration numbers and all information and them hating others in my case who has told the absolute honest truth and so I have no faith in police and never ever will until they start to work legally and sort things out.

Kaiser Chef - I think you really must work in police service to document what you have and think that it is not very nice at all to Audi-ya-do or anyone to post that and wonder why the moderators let certain things be said on this site, you are trying to say that honest people who have dash-cams and report it to the police are spineless goons and just about saying that the police do not wish this or to deal with any dangerous drivers, maybe you will be the one to come the worse off in a serious accident, no-one knows at anytime whee their lives may change forever in an accident because of extremely dangerous drivers.

From experience I think police just take their hate crime out against certain honest individuals that they just hate and there is no buts about it.  Police require to deal with what is reported to them and should follow their policies, procedures, standards, code of conduct, Highway Code, Road Traffic Legislation, etc - not that they are doing that with my experience of them either.

So good on you Audi-ya-do for documenting the registration number, as moderators obviously think that is acceptable, so I might just do that next time, as in these past few years I have unfortunately come across quite a number of extremely dangerous drivers and am lucky that I am still here, just because I took extreme evasive action and I have told police that I will not be doing that ever again with how illegal they are working and I can see that they just wish me dead, so do I with how they are treating me as people can only take so much, still awaiting them to sort things out and will contact them for however long I am living to get them to do so, them treating honest people wrongly is not the public service they should be giving out and they should explain themselves, which they just will not do.

What an absolute pile of swivel-eyed, skewed pish.

Edited by Scorrie

^^ It's the truth, what pish (in your own words ^^^) is your going to arrange clean up of roadside verges in summer-time when the Amenity Trust Bruck Campaign does that, if you had any wit then you would do it 6 months after that or before that or do it every three months and make more work for yourself, your choice.  Just pray to god that it isn't yourself, your wife or children that are the next severely injured or fatality on the roads then.

I am finished presently on this topic.  I meant what I said though Aud-ya-do - just PM me if not dealt with, as the fools here just wish fatalities and prove what they are with their idiotic postings, just fully what Shetlink is made up of it appears.  

This could have been quite an interesting post, ruined by someone who seems to like trying to get people to agree with them even when they are really just rambling on.

The tailgating thing is definite nuisance. There are people who speed up right behind you and follow with no intention of ever overtaking. They even stop behind the bus, which is dropping off passengers and wait until it moves off, although  there's an open road ahead.

People should either stay back leaving room for car to safely overtake them or overtake themselves. Most times its hardly worthwhile overtaking so I tend to leave plenty of distance. I've signalled and pulled over a few times only for the car behind me to stop as well. wtf

Driving is a funny old game, while some things are clear cut insanity, the rest comes down to how we see someone's else's driving, when most folk have no idea what their own driving looks like to others.

I can sorta understand up to a point the Police reluctance to take an interest or do anything unless when something actually happens and damage is caused, how else can they weed out the hysterical who perceive what is perfectly normal to most, but they view as 'dangerous' as its something they'd not have the confidence to do themselves, or those oblivious to 'objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are' syndrome, from genuine cases of someone being a total idiot.