barred but apparently blameless

Claadehol

Why even consider revoking the license of the Thule bar manager? Apparently this customer though barred

chose to enter the premises 2 or 3 times every month.

If he hadn't entered the premises though warned off many times, he wouldn't have got a broken wrist.

I think he should be prosecuted for wasting the court's time, and made to pay for his medical treatment.

The barman should be excused for his understandable reaction to this nuisance.

The world's gone mad.

Really this should not be discussed here.  No-one has the right to hurt anyway and the law is there for a reason, okay.

In effect, what you are saying is that you would not mind at all if you were dealt with life changing consequences on a night out when it was no fault of your own then.

Edited by playlist

I don't see any reason why it should not (in general terms) be discussed.  After all, it covers 'rules' that we all have to live by.

Personally, my sympathy lies with the bar manager and, I agree that some sort of action should have been taken against the 'offender'(?)

However, being barred from licensed premises is a matter for the owner/operator/licensee and does not, in itself, indicate any kind of 'criminal guilt'.

What the manager should have done is call the police to get the guy removed each and every time the offender(?) entered the bar.

Well Playlist, if I was trying to enter premises where I had no right to be, and on a regular basis

, then I don't really think you could say it was no fault of my own.

This guy got a broken wrist because he wouldn't be told. His demise came through his own idiocy, he

was presumably barred for a reason.

There will always be a bleeding heart somewhere about whatever the circumstances. Save your sympathy

for deserving causes.

Everyone is deserving of honesty and decency and the right to go about in this world without being hurt, do not hurt people for no reason and I am not commenting on this anymore, all you who have commented clearly do not have a heart at all it appears and love bullying fighters who have no reason to hurt anyone and have no right to do such things to take the law into their own hands, if they do they take the consequences whatever they may be for whatever they have done, that is why there is a law and I certainly hope that police and officials enforce it.  I can't say that they do though in every case.  You have just shown me what you are personally like on this topic and it is not very nice at all.

If someone caused severe life threatening injuries to any of you who have commented, then clearly you would not care a damn at all and would live happily with it and think that person who caused that to you did right!!!!!!!! well, well, that is what you are saying. 

Say what you wish I will not be commenting anymore on this topic as you have shown what you are.  Maybe some day you will live with any life threatening thing and then just make sure you are happy as that is the just of what you are saying and no-one requires to be taken to justice for hurting yourself then.

Edited by playlist

Does that mean we can discuss it just so long as we agree with you.?

I think that you will need to accept that not everyone thinks the way that you do and that everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

No point coming on here and trying to 'dictate' the discussion..

So the drinker walks down the street, falls over and seriously hurt, you would all walk by and not help, that is the just of you lot, clearly you would be okay with everyone walking by and not helping you too.  You personally get pushed, fall down on concrete knocking your head as you go down, unconscious, never to recover and die and you all think that would be excellent behaviour from the person who hit you too, as with what you are all stating, for heavens sake.  You are entitled to your own opinion, I did not state you were not, you are dictating, off shetlink now as with this of how you are.

Edited by playlist

If you've been told repeatedly you're not welcome someplace, and persist in sticking your nose in there again and again, you needed be surprised if someone breaks it for you....In fact, you probably should be surprised if someone doesn't.

Okay, its allegedly not cool to break and damage random people, even if they've gotten on your last nerve, probably more times than you care to think about, but 'accidents' happen.....and some 'accidents' are perfect karma. 'nuff said.

Trying to sup pints with a broken wrist is going to cramp anyone's style......Sometimes such things are necessary.....probably.

Edited by Ghostrider

Well Playlist, I thought you weren't going to post any more, couldn't resist another though eh?

I suppose the barman should have phoned the police on every occasion, I would think they would been

a little peeved with this guy too after repeated calls.

If they had finally dragged him off to the cells, I suppose he would have complained about bruising.

At the end of the day he had a broken wrist here, hardly life threatening.

Let's just hope he has learnt a lesson here and doesn't go around annoying other people, perhaps

provoking them into a criminal record situation. The law does or should make allowances for that provocation.

I think playlist is getting abit extreme. Though ghostrider makes a good grey point. We don’t really know what happened, but if your drunk let’s say most people i have seen won’t budge if they dont want to. The point being debated is (I feel) is should the licenser have essentially a mark on his/her card. hmmm..... if it was a deliberate act to brake parts off someone then yes most definitely. but.... if the person was asked to leave and made a seen and was dragged, pushed out and fell over.... well.... if he had left that would not have happened.

Thought for playlist. I am drunk and am walking to Scalloway from Lerwick. I am hit by a car because I was walking in the middle of the road, its dark and I have my dark jacket on. My legs get broken, there is only scuffing done to the car. Should the driver get points for careless driving? or is it the councils fault there should be a lit foot path between Lerwick and Scalloway? or is it my fault? (I feel it would be my problem)

I doubt very much that the manager set out to deliberately injure the "victim" and, that any injury was accidental.

The fine was harsh to say the least.

However, if I had been banned from a premises, why would I "try it on" a couple of time each month knowing that being ejected from the place was the likely outcome?

Having worked in a bar, it's very easy to make a few (not so well) educated guesses here.

anybody who has dealt with this man will know how difficult it is and how offensive, racist, bigoted threatening he can be the bar staff of this establishment and many others dread him darkening there doors i don't think he has been welcome in any premises in lerwick for a long time the only person i have sympathy for is the member of staff now saddled with a criminal record and an endorsement on his licence all because somebody couldn't do without a drink.