Why do so many people not take the time and effort to write correctly nowadays? Why do they incessantly put a virgule between word instead of separating the words used correctly and grammatically, or put a space between the last word of a sentence and a question mark? Why do they so often misspell what are no more than plain and simple words? Why do they not make at least some effort to learn their language and use it correctly?

Surely, correct and grammatical use of the language that a person is communicating in allows them to put forward, clearly and accurately, exactly what they have to say. Not doing that shows ignorance and a poor education, while stopping a persons argument or question being put forward correctly, clearly and accurately.
Edited by George.

Well George,

Not sure if you're the right person to be asking..  :twisted:

Some might ask why you didn't put a space between the last work of your sentences and the Question Marks.... 3 times I think... :roll:

As for spelling. I don't care to much if words are mis-spelled. Just so long as I can read them..

Have a nice day...

Why do so many people not take the time and effort to write correctly nowadays? Why do they incessantly put a virgule between word instead of separating the words used correctly and grammatically, or put a space between the last word of a sentence and a question mark? Why do they so often misspell what are no more than plain and simple words? Why do they not make at least some effort to learn their language and use it correctly?

Surely, correct and grammatical use of the language that a person is communicating in allows them to put forward, clearly and accurately, exactly what they have to say. Not doing that shows ignorance and a poor education, while stopping a persons argument or question being put forward correctly, clearly and accurately.

Too much like effort, probably!

I love apostrophes!

Wheelsup is quite correct, it is in fact Person's. The apostrophe indicates possession, which in this case is the "argument or question". If the possession was a plural noun of course, then apostrophe would generally come at the end, e.g. Persons', though I notice this usage is becoming more and more defunct.

The word persons is a functional plural of the word person, for example "Person or persons unknown". Though as grammar is something that changes over time, and many writers now use "people" instead of "persons". 

With this said. I do agree, and written structure is being sadly lost in a world of 128 character limits and digital soundbites.

As a disclaimer. This post has not been checked for spelling or grammar  :thmbsup

Always knew that an "A Level" in English Language would, ultimately, be useless... :roll:

Seriously though, different people have different ways of expressing themselves and using "metrics", such as grammar and punctuation, seems to be a very individual thing.

Personally, I'm always happy if I can read and understand what someone has written and, I don't care to much about HOW it was written.

Always knew that an "A Level" in English Language would, ultimately, be useless... :roll:

Very true, an A level in just about anything is useless. However, if you were to get a Higher in English it would at least prove that you could understand the language and had benefited from a decent education :-D

Well George,

Not sure if you're the right person to be asking..  :twisted:

Some might ask why you didn't put a space between the last work of your sentences and the Question Marks.... 3 times I think... :roll:

Oh the irony :-D

A very good thread however. I have been horrified at the lack of basic grammar in many situations, most notably in letters from lawyers. It is hard to put any faith in their knowledge of law when they can barely write.

@ Spinner72

Indeed, the irony.  Did you by any chance mean to type "A very good thread; however, I have been ..."? ;-)

I considered it, but decided to err on the side of caution ;-)

Only stands to  illustrate my earlier claim that;

regardless of qualifications, everyone develops their own method of writing.

Most, imho, seem to write the way they think.  Some a little muddled, others crystal clear.

Just so long as we can get a clear understanding what they have written.

FWIW;

I just love GR's posts.. <opinion> He may not always be right </opinion> but, they are always clear, a good read and (mostly) to the point..