In The News - Comic Response

Guest Fetlar Writer

Ah Colin good of you pop your head up from behind the parapet.

Yet more proof that illiteracy is bliss.

AAAAND - here's George.

Hi George I suspected that my previous post to Colin highlighting cowardly behaviours would likely draw you out of hiding as well.

If you choose to be part of a group that bullies someone until they quit the forum and then disappear when your behaviour is called out by other posters, only to pop up to post the odd like on posts which make you feel safe, don't be surprised when that's called out for what it is. Cowardice.

What I didn't expect was just how beautifully you'd expose yourself.

My work with you is done.

"My work with you appears to be done as well."

I decided a long time ago never to respond directly to any of JGHR's posts but, in this instance, :rofl:

Colin Colin, stop digging. You don't have to make excuses or try to justify why you were quite happy to club together with your mates and harass a female poster until she felt she couldn't remain a part of this forum, but all of a sudden you were nowhere to be found when the heat came on. People will make up their own minds, it's writ large in the early part of this thread and your actions speak far louder than words. Your behaviour gives the lie to your excuse - I decided a long time ago not to respond, yeah right. Nice try F-

@SPACE

Well, I certainly did not set out to cause "offense".  It's just that some people are so easily "offended" and, I have no intention of living my life "walking on eggshells".

I never expected the OP to "spit her dummy" the way she did, I never expected to be sworn at and lectured by her either and, unlike some posters, I did not start throwing personal insults around at anyone.  Do you condone that type of behaviour and, if so, what about the "offense" that causes ?

FWIW;

My original comment on the legality of 3D printing a Firearm is correct for the UK and a lot of other countries.

A US Federal judge DID ban a particular individual/company from uploading the plans.  That ruling, AFAIK, still stands and the fact that a large number of other US Citizens chose to ignore it (as they saw it as "un-constitutional") and uploaded their own plans is irrelevant.

Edited by Colin

I agree, there were things thrown from both sides that perhaps shouldn't have been at the start of this before the lynch mob got started. I'm not on the attack in that respect. I was challenging the whole pervasive, controlling attitude here that some people's views are more equal than others and the negativity that is detracting from meaningful discussion.

I'm guilty of it too, using sarcastic markup tags in my last post... aimed at the 'more equal'.

Edited by Space

Well, I certainly did not set out to cause "offense".

In that case the right thing to do would be to apologise and be more thoughtful with your posts in the future. I don't know but i have a hunch Fetlar Writer may still be following this thread so its certainly worth a try.

unlike some posters, I did not start throwing personal insults around at anyone.  Do you condone that type of behaviour and, if so, what about the "offense" that causes ?

I presume by 'some posters' you mean me, but I guess we'll never know seeing as you've long since sent me to Coventry. :roll:  I have made what most sensible people would consider to be personal insults to two people Ghostrider and sufferer' but I'm of the understanding that their position is offence cannot be given, only taken, so therefore I cannot have caused them any offence. If I'm mistaken and either of them do infact believe that it is possible to be offended by someone, and either of them are offended by anything i have written, I stand ready to apologise. All they have to do is acknowledge that offence can indeed be given and let me know they are feeling offended. I've pointed out that I believe you to be both a hypocrite and a coward and explained what has led me to those conclusions. I still believe both of those labels to be true and appropriate in your case but if you care to point out how and where my reasoning is incorrect, once again I stand ready to apologise .

I agree, there were things thrown from both sides that perhaps shouldn't have been at the start of this before the lynch mob got started. I'm not on the attack in that respect. I was challenging the whole pervasive, controlling attitude here that some people's views are more equal than others and the negativity that is detracting from meaningful discussion.

I'm guilty of it too, using sarcastic markup tags in my last post... aimed at the 'more equal'.

Thanks for that.

I have never seen anyone else's views as being more equal than mine, and I have never seen my views as being more equal that anyone else's.  They are just "views", everyone has them, and they can change by the hour.

I enjoy a good discussion and, if I am wrong/incorrect on anything, I am more that willing to retract/apologise, but what gets me is the "shark attack" mentality of some trolls who assume that they have greater intellect than the "pond life" they are referring to and contribute nothing more than personal insults to the "feeding frenzy" in a very condescending manner.  Kills everything "stone dead" and I just will not get involved in it.