Merry Christmas

LerwickJigger

Well it's nearly Christmas again and myself and mrs jigger have agreed to go away this year. Hve never been away fro christmas before but this year we want to go somewhere nice, not too hot, cold or expensive

Has anyone else gone away for christmas and if so where would you recommend.

Chrismas is comeing, the goose is getting fat.

Well it's nearly Christmas again and myself and mrs jigger have agreed to go away this year. Hve never been away fro christmas before but this year we want to go somewhere nice, not too hot, cold or expensive

Chrismas is comeing, the goose is getting fat.

Doesn't kick in 'til December, it's still summer ya daftie. 8O

And I hear one of the supermarkets has Christmas stock on sale already.

Anyway I reccomend Malta.......nice enough at any time of the year and they manage to celebrate Christmas without closing the whole island down for several days which is good for the tourists.

http://www.maltabargains.com/ is one place to start but then try Leasks or Travelscope.

I recommend Madeira. I went there last xmas. Not sure about flight and hotel costs as my holiday was a gift but it was a very nice place with a great temperature, nice and warm without feeling lethargic and sweaty. The people were friendly and helpful, the scenery very green and beautiful with volcanic rock and lots of flowers and lizards and the food was very good(and affordable). It's not a party place. More of a quiet, escape from xmas type place. I would really like to go there again. :D

What are you trying to get away from ?

All the superficial hellary. It's fine to just relax in the sun and not have to think about decorations and turkeys and stuff. :wink:

p.s. There were some pretty funny xmas decorations in Madeira. Cheesy and overly. Also, in Funchal at new year they had a breath taking fireworks display. :)

Florida. The trick to keeping it affordable is to look and see when the English schools break up and travel out the day before, or bite the bullet and travel on Xmas Day itself. Only problem with the latter is that you can't get a flight from Aberdeen as the airport is shut. Both Disney and Universal pull out all the stops for the festive season, the weather's pretty good and the exchange rate is very promising indeed just now...

• 5 weeks later...