Brexit (merged threads)

Urabug

Just leave at 11pm tonight.  Who gives a flying {'f' it was funny in Father Ted 'eck'} that the extension is valid under international law because if we leave, who precisely is going to do us for breaking international law?  Besides, the SI extending it under UK law might well be illegal, because Gina Miller's Court action set a precedent that parliament has to be consulted first (or words to that effect).

11pm.  29 March 2019.  Just get the hell off the gravy train monster.

That SI was laid before parliament and passed by the house on the 27th March.

Just leave at 11pm tonight.  Who gives a flying {'f' it was funny in Father Ted 'eck'} that the extension is valid under international law because if we leave, who precisely is going to do us for breaking international law?  Besides, the SI extending it under UK law might well be illegal, because Gina Miller's Court action set a precedent that parliament has to be consulted first (or words to that effect).

11pm.  29 March 2019.  Just get the hell off the gravy train monster.

That SI was laid before parliament and passed by the house on the 27th March.

AFTER the PM had already agreed and signed up to an extension; ergo, making it illegal.  The dates were not those previously approved of by the House and it hadn't even got to the Lords.

Edited by Suffererof1crankymofo

The PM can make an agreement it just needs to go through parliament to change UK law. You know like the withdrawal agreement.

I seem to remember that only all negative SI have to go to both houses but saying that I haven't been involved in working wit Legislation for over 20 years.

But, that's the whole point !  The UK is a union of equals and, we ALL had a vote.  

I think that you're right, the U.K is a union of equals. Unfortunately, Westminster inflicts just what it chooses to upon us - regardless what the majority want. How equal can you get.

Probably illegal to show a majority north of England. Probably illegal to show a majority north of Westminster, and it's probably illegal to show a majority anywhere but Westminster.

....Bring on Shetland independence and let’s get clear of the lot of them....

Who would be president?

ME!! :twisted:

Okay, now that I've said that, I've by default made myself ineligible to stand....... So, next suggestion...... ;-)

Just as long as no politicians or public 'officials' are ineligible to apply, I'd consider pretty much anyone else.

Edited by Ghostrider

> Who would be president?

I'm reminded how at college I become the official student representative, when I discovered by accident there was going to be an election for the position the next day.

I asked who was running for the position and was told no one..

So I got a form, filled it in and put myself down.

Then the next day I voted for myself.

The results came in, one vote was cast, and I'd won !

Related link:

> Bart Simpson Runs for Class President.

But, what if one of the islands of Shetland disagrees with voted in policies and wants its own Independence !

I'm reminded of:

https://www.politico.eu/article/northern-exposure-brexit-reveals-shetland-split/

> 81 percent of voters on Whalsay and in nearby
> South Unst supported leaving the EU, one of the
> highest pro-Brexit votes in the U.K.

Does that mean we'll have to build a wall across Unst like they did in years ago in Fetlar ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Funzie_Girt