Brexit (merged threads)

Urabug

^ Well, he's there, and  appears awake, unlike most of his colleagues, and isn't talking slester and being obstructive just for the sake of it, unlike his counterparts on the other side of the floor.

So what if he's lying back in the seat, it doesn't stop hi listening to anything that may be worth listening to. Its not like anybody else would use it either if he wasn't taking up two spaces.

If there's anything worrysome about that clip, its not his 'relaxing', its the sheer lack of bums on seats that simply couldn't be bothered to be there, whether they sat, stood, lounged, or were asleep on the floor. I'll take someone who can be bothered to turn up, even if they spend the whole time they're there doing handstands and cartwheels, over folk who are a no show, any day.

Anyway, I'm surprised more haven't keeled over and are having a nap, it is Labour wafflers that are going on after all as far as I can see. More potent than an overdose of sleeping pills, every one of them.

Edited by Ghostrider

No she really didn't!

may constrained and handicapped herself right from the beginning and finally with no ideas and no wiggle room she just kept trying the same old deal.

May's team ran the clock down, deliberately but I don't think it was to get the poor deal they got. The EU repeatedly warned us to get on with the negotiations but we pricked around and left it late in the day so get a deal that brexiteers couldn't stomach. Now we're sat in a situation where the brexiteers are trying to push through a no deal that remainers can't stomach and they've hamstrung the guy who finagled his way into the hot seat by removing what he believes is his big stick to beat the EU with. It's not a big stick though as anyone who even takes a passing interest in UK news can see that it's not an idea the country is 100% behind. I would have been interested to see what deal might have been negotiated if we'd had some hardline brexiteer in charge of the negotiations but even then I think the elephant in the room of the Irish border still wouldn't have been resolved to the UK's satisfaction.

If I was writing a novel I doubt I could have come up with something as laughable as what has gone on.

This is not the Conservative party I voted for. They are divisive, not unionist. They are radical not conservative. I can’t see the party continuing in its current form. They’ve broken it.

I think it’s opened the door for a third party to make some headway - maybe the Liberals will manage to morph into a popular party and take in the moderates from Labour and the Tories?

Are Johnson and Rees-Mogg even real people? More like caricatures from Looney Tunes.

I have more respect for Boris now ,at least he tried to get us out of this vicious circle the EU have presented us with a deal that has been rejected three times and intimated  they are not willing to negotiate any further so why would our politicians want to sit and debate any longer, on something that not going any further .

IMHO Boris did the only thing but with so many rebels he has been "snookered" but I believe come the results of the pending election he may well get the last laugh.

Many of those rebels will lose there seats and good riddance to them all as they have destroyed the UK.

Still think the EU is mainly at fault ,holding us to ransom,if they issued clear instructions as to there intentions regarding us and brexit,  just ma'be some of our rebellious MPs would come to there senses and see the real side of this great european conglomerate that has so much hold on us.

We must ban any notion of a referendum on anything in the future, because the results mean nothing. No matter the topic. Politicians of all colours refuse to respect the vote because they know better..

We might have found a way ahead by having an election but Corbyn is going to block that it seems unless no deal is taken off the agenda. "Let's tie our hands behind our backs before we face the opponent." Duh!!

An election might bring some progress, a way out of this painful and mind numbing stalemate. 

Are we facing another 3 years of pointless bickering, with no way forward at the end of it?

It looks that way!

No we just have to accept that a referendum is advisory unless it specifically says so in the legislation.

The only progress that an election would bring is that a no deal Brexit would happen on the sly.

I have more respect for Boris now ,at least he tried to get us out of this vicious circle the EU have presented us with a deal that has been rejected three times and intimated  they are not willing to negotiate any further so why would our politicians want to sit and debate any longer, on something that not going any further .

IMHO Boris did the only thing but with so many rebels he has been "snookered" but I believe come the results of the pending election he may well get the last laugh.

Many of those rebels will lose there seats and good riddance to them all as they have destroyed the UK.

Still think the EU is mainly at fault ,holding us to ransom,if they issued clear instructions as to there intentions regarding us and brexit,  just ma'be some of our rebellious MPs would come to there senses and see the real side of this great european conglomerate that has so much hold on us.

This is hilarious! It is Mays deal!

She handicapped herself by losing her majority, ridiculous Red lines and not facing up to the ERG.

The Tory party owns this situation and it is they who are destroying the UK.

And that's the PM's own brother quit from his own party citing the reason as he's, "...been torn between family loyalty and the national interest...".

https://twitter.com/JoJohnsonUK/status/1169555292918571008

You would think the two could [read: "should" when your brother is the Prime Minister of the nation in question] be easily aligned. His own brother resigned. Go on, tell me he's got it tough and we should all get behind him to deliver on the will of the people.

This is hilarious! It is Mays deal!

She handicapped herself by losing her majority, ridiculous Red lines and not facing up to the ERG.

The Tory party owns this situation and it is they who are destroying the UK.

I do believe we've found the one UK resident who believes the utterances from Boris' own mouth. Poor old Boris!

He's finally gotten the job he always wanted and is showing himself to be pretty useless; just watch him on PMQs and not the 5 second clips on the news. Being in bed with Mogg, Farage and Bannon you can bet your bottom dollar they're lined up to make a hefty profit from no-deal. If you think any one of them has an ounce of concern for the nation as a whole then please pass your pills around 'cause I want some  :thmbsup

I can assure you that i certainly do not believe everything that Boris says ,but I do give him credit for taking the oars and getting some head way,it's rather unfortunate that those on the rudder ran him aground.

We will see in if he gets going again.

And that's the PM's own brother quit from his own party citing the reason as he's, "...been torn between family loyalty and the national interest...".

You would think the two could [read: "should" when your brother is the Prime Minister of the nation in question] be easily aligned. His own brother resigned. Go on, tell me he's got it tough and we should all get behind him to deliver on the will of the people.

Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind,will Boris turn out to be one who get things done !!!!

Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind,will Boris turn out to be one who get things done !!!!

The question is: what is he trying to get done and why. He's in it for himself and certainly not the good of the country.

The question is: what is he trying to get done and why. He's in it for himself and certainly not the good of the country.

I would sincerely hope that he has enough gumption to know that if it is found out that he is doing this for personal gain he will be well and truly ***ked..

We must ban any notion of a referendum on anything in the future, because the results mean nothing. No matter the topic. Politicians of all colours refuse to respect the vote because they know better..

We might have found a way ahead by having an election but Corbyn is going to block that it seems unless no deal is taken off the agenda. "Let's tie our hands behind our backs before we face the opponent." Duh!!

An election might bring some progress, a way out of this painful and mind numbing stalemate. 

Are we facing another 3 years of pointless bickering, with no way forward at the end of it?

It looks that way!

No we just have to accept that a referendum is advisory unless it specifically says so in the legislation.

The only progress that an election would bring is that a no deal Brexit would happen on the sly.

Lot of rubbish, the vote was either we stay or leave. That’s what the folk thought they were voting for, no where did it say it was just advisory. If they had made that clear at the time, I for one wouldn’t have bothered.

The idea of removing the no deal option must be making the EU negotiators fall about laughing, thinking all their Christmas’s have come at once. What a bunch of useless self serving, overpaid idiots some if our elected members are

I think Boris, had he not had his hands tied, may have got a better deal, but whilst I voted to remain in the “advisory” vote, I am now in the view of let’s get out if this shambles now.

Same old spiel all the time here. Boris and the leave campaign just looking after themselves, and the Remainers? Are they not looking after themselves?

A couple of spells as an MEP and well looked after financially, never have to work again really.

They all have their noses in the trough, they are all looking after themselves.

We are going round in circles and at least Boris has tried to hammer things through to end the stalemate. The Commons rabble blocking progress as they did with Theresa May.

The SNP looking for openings to pursue their own obsessive agenda, and Corbyn determined to block an election because the timing doesn't suit him. Politicians popping from one side to the other.

Total unadulterated insanity. 

It looks that way!

Lot of rubbish, the vote was either we stay or leave. That’s what the folk thought they were voting for, no where did it say it was just advisory. If they had made that clear at the time, I for one wouldn’t have bothered.

The idea of removing the no deal option must be making the EU negotiators fall about laughing, thinking all their Christmas’s have come at once. What a bunch of useless self serving, overpaid idiots some if our elected members are

I think Boris, had he not had his hands tied, may have got a better deal, but whilst I voted to remain in the “advisory” vote, I am now in the view of let’s get out if this shambles now.

Sorry the referendum was advisory and that was made clear at the time.

How could Boris get a better deal when he wasn't really doing any negotiating?

Boris has to come back to parliament on the 19th October and report what progress is being made and if none and looks like we are crashing out then ask for an extension.