Brexit (merged threads)

Urabug

If Boris ends up giving away any fishing right of any kind, he and his Tory party are toast permanently

Boris will give the EU exactly what they tell him to give. He already said they can carry on fishing in British waters so long as they reduce the catch by 60%. The EU said no that wouldn't do, so Boris said they only had to reduce the catch by 35% and they could transition to that level over the next 5 years. EU said no that still wouldn't do so Boris reduced it to 30%. the EU still didn't blink but took pity on him and said they would consider reducing the EU catch by 25% with a 5 year transition on the basis that there is no further reduction thereafter and if there is they can impose export bans and renegotiate any other aspect of the trade deal. Oh and for the EU to make that concession on the fishing Boris first of all had to agree that they could decide what level of subsidy he is allowed to pay to British companies. 

He's already given it away I'm afraid as "we all knew he would when it came down to the wire".

You were sold a pup son.

If Boris ends up giving away any fishing right of any kind, he and his Tory party are toast permanently

Boris will give the EU exactly what they tell him to give. He already said they can carry on fishing in British waters so long as they reduce the catch by 60%. The EU said no that wouldn't do, so Boris said they only had to reduce the catch by 35% and they could transition to that level over the next 5 years. EU said no that still wouldn't do so Boris reduced it to 30%. the EU still didn't blink but took pity on him and said they would consider reducing the EU catch by 25% with a 5 year transition on the basis that there is no further reduction thereafter and if there is they can impose export bans and renegotiate any other aspect of the trade deal. Oh and for the EU to make that concession on the fishing Boris first of all had to agree that they could decide what level of subsidy he is allowed to pay to British companies. 

He's already given it away I'm afraid as "we all knew he would when it came down to the wire".

You were sold a pup son.

As if we had a choice comparing Labour and Conservatives is not like comparing 2 separate entities.

Comparison between Labour and conservatives is like comparing a snake and its fangs,

The Bi-factional uniparty coils around Britain like a constrictor snake and if they dont vote for the party of the snake it can open its mouth and show the other electoral choice (its fangs and venom)

If you hate the Conservatives why not vote for the snake,

If you hate Labour why not vote for venom (this is different from voting snake for some reason)

Conservatives are like a corrosive venom while Labour are constrictors for some reason people dont see it as the same Mussurana.

Edited by NullVoid

It's the EU's fault, it's covid to blame, it's the companies fault, the truck drivers are to blame...When will the Brexiteers take responsibility for the mess they've got us into?

France shutting the boarder over covid is definitely the fault of Brexit even though the UK hasn't even left yet!

Yes, the French temporarily closed the border because of the new strain of covid but that's only part of the story, the ports were already jammed because businesses across the UK who know a car crash is coming but have had to guess how bad it'll be have been feverishly stockpiling before the transition period ends in a few days time.

Unfortunately for us our bloated, shaved gorilla of a PM and his shifty gang of crooks have been trying to polish and sugarcoat the massive turd that is Brexit to present something...anything to our gullible Brexiteers that the oven ready dogs dinner he's going to be serving up is better than what we had before...an impossible task.

To cap the whole thing off the grand finale will be to blame the whole mess on the EU, Covid, foreigners, the way the planets are aligned, the ghost of Elvis or any other scapegoat he can think of while his cronies backslap and congratulate him over champagne for making them an absolute fortune.

Unfortunately for us our bloated, shaved gorilla of a PM and his shifty gang of crooks have been trying to polish and sugarcoat the massive turd that is Brexit to present something...anything to our gullible Brexiteers that the oven ready dogs dinner he's going to be serving up is better than what we had before...an impossible task.

To cap the whole thing off the grand finale will be to blame the whole mess on the EU, Covid, foreigners, the way the planets are aligned, the ghost of Elvis or any other scapegoat he can think of while his cronies backslap and congratulate him over champagne for making them an absolute fortune.

A very superficial, simplistic and tabloidesque assessment.

Not everybody buys the BJ's b/s, we know whatever it ends up in will be a pretty rank dog turd despite all his waxing lyrical. He's a politician, he lies every time his lips move, and he's effed this up multiple times along the way already.

He was the wrong man for the job, that was known at the start, but he was the best of a very bad lot. Certainly better than Cameron the bullturdter with a yellow streak a mile wide, who never believed we'd vote to leave, then ran away ASAP when we did, or May the out and out liar who tried to sell no change as 'leaving'.

We can never leave whatever shenanigans Europe get up to, its a bit like 'Hotel California', you can check out, but...... The fault for that lies with the the Brit greed of past centuries for meddling in the internal affairs of various European nations, we should have steered well clear back then, that 20 miles stretch of salt water south of Dover is there for a damn good reason......

The current debacle with them is the fault of the Westminster who dragged us it to this godforsaken abortion of an EU in '73, and the successive Westminster administrations who've doggedly kept us shackled to it ever since.

The EU was getting to be far too complacent and comfortable, it was needing a good kicking. How much we've managed to put the boot in this last four years still remains to be seen. As does how much we've managed to change the nature of our relationship with them, but of course we won't be 'leaving'. (See above).

What's the point wasting an hour of my life posting multiple sources with in depth analysis explaining why Brexit is such a bad idea? There's already numerous links in the 64 pages on this thread alone. At this late stage nothing we say is going to make a blind bit of difference anyway, so instead of dwelling on the stupidity of it all I find it better to just air my thoughts as I see fit, sit back, relax and watch the horror show unfold in real time, my only tiny comfort is the knowledge that it wasn't my fault, I didn't vote for it.

I've got the popcorn out waiting for a leave voter to say they "didn't vote for this either". One of the main reasons for voting to remain was to avoid the inevitable clustertruck we're in now. So, yes, you did vote for this.

We'd been stuck in a clusterdarling for over 40 year and were going down the pan as fast as it would flush when we voted. It was long past time to try a clusterdarling of a different colour.

If we're going to go down, may as well go down making noise than just sit back submissively until we hit the gutter, then start whingeing 'Oh, never saw that coming" and watching Brussels sit back and roar with laughter at the thought of giving us a leg up.

What's the point wasting an hour of my life posting multiple sources with in depth analysis explaining why Brexit is such a bad idea? There's already numerous links in the 64 pages on this thread alone. At this late stage nothing we say is going to make a blind bit of difference anyway, so instead of dwelling on the stupidity of it all I find it better to just air my thoughts as I see fit, sit back, relax and watch the horror show unfold in real time, my only tiny comfort is the knowledge that it wasn't my fault, I didn't vote for it.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/immigration-uk-population-local-authorities-report-global-future-a9090216.html

To be fair I actually did vote Brexit because I want to see another housing crash and see domestic, agricultural and commercial real estate prices falling!

Why?

Because the high real estate cost is a curse that not only jacks up house prices but prevents people from creating new farms and businesses even if you own your land your customers not having money means your customers have less money to spend on your wares and services.

All the small crap towns that loose all their young people when they go to greener pastures would have to list land up cheap instead of keeping them at the national average because “land is land” and entrepreneurs with ideas would be able to afford to buy them and try their hand at producing something.

Also one group of foreigners I don’t like are non-resident landlords,

What benefit is it to the British public for overseas consortiums to Hoover up all the houses and rent it to the workers at twice the cost or fill them with crack heads on the dole and overseas the profits?

I have lived in a town that has become a dumping ground for the latter and it isn’t pretty!

and FYI: i want the dole to run out of money so these "people" starve!

As for immigrants I don’t hate them but if the UK population went from less than 70 million to less than 50 million that would in my opinion be a good thing.

You don’t have to be a madman rallying in the streets shouting blood and soil to think the housing market is being sodomised by the banks and unrealistic expectations of those born at the correct time to buy who think property value can and will go up forever.

If wages are down and you still expect them to pick up the tab for inflated costs and pensions, you either need to compromise or make resources available.

We want to give Britain a gigantic boot up the ass and a backhand back into reality and YES we want some businesses to fail because not every business is a good business and if businesses that treat workers like serfs fail while businesses that treat employees well and meet legal minimum wage requirements succeed that would be a good thing.

let them die so others can use the land!

And if a factory farm that hires no British workers fails good F*ck them either restructure the business or sell it off decent farms are being hit with compulsory sales orders from awfull property developers to build new slums because of the insensible lust to grow the population unsustainably.

Edited by NullVoid