Brexit (merged threads)

Urabug

Nope, there's no reason to make any sort of counter-point when it gets met with your endless and wasteful waffle e.g. you struggle with the basic concept of something being "false" when provided with basic and clear-cut actual evidence of it being false. As a general rule it's short shrift for folk that talk like a 5 year old with their fingers in their ears. 

I have made my stance clear but for those remainers who disagree with me could you consider the following and try to change my mind:

Ok so we have lots of people homeless and lots of people unemployed.

I can cite lots of news articles and statistics to verify this if for some reason you don’t believe me.

Meanwhile we have lots of people sitting pretty and able to own assets don’t need or use and refuse to sell to somebody who would and unwilling to negotiate turning down many good faith offers.

this is why some councils charge them double council tax!

I am not saying this because I am jealous of their success I am saying this because they own disused assets that if put to productive use can and would provide homes and create paid work and in some cases create food.

We have lots of houses near places where people want to live that look like this:

0c824218188e0d31ad9a8ff5e04c3329.jpg

And in situations where the owner does sell the land and somebody does try to build the house planning application denied, This is a BRITAIN PROBLEM and it is a housing market issue!

I have spoken to owners who refuse to give them up and in some cases 10 – 50 years so it can’t just be me personally if it has gone on for that long.

I have a theory they are spiteful about how much money those parasitic house flippers make on these buildings, Buy for £10K sell for £200K but they either aren’t able or aren’t willing to fix it up and get that deal themselves.

If house prices weren’t ridiculous and the population was allowed to shrink instead of increasing immigration and restricting mortgages to reinflate the housing bubble just to protect the investment of property moguls.

Crashing the property market with something as disruptive as Brexit is one way to kill the phoenix so the UK can be reborn.

Oh no, not scary referendums or populists coming to the table to peacefully renegotiate terms ANYTHING BUT THAT!

Ok what happens after them when democracy fails to reach a compromise?

Far right would send predatory house flippers(or just somebody with stuff they want) to a refurbished Auschwitz.

Far left would they take the advice of Mao Zedong and kill their landlord(or just somebody with stuff they want).

You might say that’s apocalyptic but if you don’t negotiate and find a healthy middle ground you are going to be looking down the barrel of something pointed at you by the far left (because of tunnel vision for far right) War has never happened in Britain our lifetimes or did the troubles ever happen in Northern Ireland or did a thing happen in the Falklands in the 80s refresh my memory.

What you now see sent to parliament are clowns, the actually scary people from both extremes have not made a public appearance yet, slaying the dragon that is the UK property bubble can help solve the disenfranchisement they feed off, destabilization from brexit is conducive to slaying that dragon.

Its constant bulverism from remainers they never say why they like the EU or why the EU or Stability itself would have been beneficial to those who voted leave

That might be too long for you but can you present a counterargument without using a logical fallacy?

never try to disprove the point its just "You have "daily mail" opinions!"

Why do you think the left is losing supporters to the other side, its because of this attitude of yours!

Edited by NullVoid

Here is my view on why brexit had the potential to have a good effect(less vulture investors less EU guest workers sharing a HMO with 8 others)

As for immigrants I don’t hate them but if the UK population went from less than 70 million to less than 50 million that would in my opinion be a good thing.

You don’t have to be a madman rallying in the streets shouting blood and soil to think the housing market is being sodomised by the banks and unrealistic expectations of those born at the correct time to buy who think property value can and will go up forever.

If wages are down and you still expect them to pick up the tab for inflated costs and pensions, you either need to compromise or make resources available.

We want to give Britain a gigantic boot up the ass and a backhand back into reality and YES we want some businesses to fail because not every business is a good business and if businesses that treat workers like serfs fail while businesses that treat employees well and meet legal minimum wage requirements succeed that would be a good thing.

Short version

British system in 2015 System = bad
System + Disruption = change
No Brexit = System has not changed

Why is system bad?
Monopolies and price hikes = barriers to ownership and entrepreneurship
Land price = Ponzi scheme

Ponzi = growth unsustainable

Ponzi + duration = Damage x duration
therefore Crash Ponzi ASAP

If you want to convince me voting leave was a bad idea disprove above!

Gaelic_League_poster_c1905.jpg

On the issue of the Scottish independence campaign compare this Irish poster promoting revival of Gaelic from 1905 and displaying nationalist imagery.

in the middle is an example of the language and you can figure out what it means from the imagery and English captions(because language lessons).

pay attention to the location of the wires attached to the ships they symbolize goods being exported.

the figure in Ireland is productive, strong and armed whilst the figure in West Britain is emaciated, weak and defenseless only looking for a handout

Has anything as inspiring been produced by the Scottish independence campaign in recent years compered with the leave campaign for example?

The Scottish Independence campaign should focus on building a strong agile and industrious country.

instead its constant whiny moaning about how you aren't getting enough BDSM from England and want the EU and Madame Merkel to squeeze in her throbbing extension

Are you asking for freedom or are you shouting "harder daddy, or i will get the EU to step on my balls instead"? because i am genuinely unsure

^British system, or as I see it, 230 years before Great Britain eisted in any way at all?

James III and his wife, Margaret of Denmark, but of course, she was very British - just like the rest of the foreigners.

We had a Scottish independence referendum followed by a British EU referendum.

Scottish referendum was plagued by infighting over the issue of EU membership some Scottish Independence advocates were against the EU while the SNP is about as pro-EU as you can get.

besides a few areas like Wales and Cornwall having been defacto ethnostates most of the UKs constituent "countries" are an amalgamation of multiple conquered nations within an artificial construct only clinging onto an adopted nationality bestowed upon their ancestors when they lost their own Heptarchy and North Sea Empire overlapped both England and Scotland and for matters that concern both i say Britain, such as a referendum on British membership of confederacy of states formerly known as the European coal and steel community.

before they "eisted" other things into that "community" in 1993 and renamed it.

take it as constructive criticism if you get angry at me over what i said!

Edited by NullVoid

^How very relevant. After all, Éire is a foreign country, unlike Innse Gall a-muigh where a lot of the population speak Scottish Gaelic.

Right, time to consider Brexit I think, as that is what the thread considers. Either that or we could just dribble garbage.......

Edited by George.

3cc2deb5dfb969e2e08312196ea5c18c.gif

Above is an ad from a successful campaign, i personally remember this.

What kind of advertisement has the Scottish Independence campaign put out that inspired anyone?

^How very relevant. After all, Éire is a foreign country, unlike Innse Gall a-muigh where a lot of the population speak Scottish Gaelic.

Right, time to consider Brexit I think, as that is what the thread considers. Either that or we could just dribble garbage.......

If you have a plan to use the language in a community aspect instead of paying extra to put meme names for towns on sighs,

You need to inspire people to use that language if you want people to use it.

My point is the lack of enthusiasm or inspiration to build something for tomorrow is lacking in your campaign.

Gaelic has been extinct in Shetland for longer than most parts of Scotland but you could for example look to Wales or Iceland for examples of organizations that promote the language although the push in schools has had a boomerang effect so be weary of going too far, Language is not a solitary pursuit after all.

Eliabeth of England, was English - by root. And, of course, she tried her best. The rather English,ones, spew guff. I may well be wrong, but...........

Debating legitimacy of the monarch as a whole is a complex matter as a more bureaucratic representative system has superseded them besides their veto power in some areas, or so we are told.

The whole thing started when kings raised an army and took territory,

Not just kings the prophets of Juche and Islam became “kings” in this manner only they unlike the kings of old they were viewed as more than mortal men though the same hereditary system of succession remained.

These guys existed as historical figures and founders of their faiths I disagree with their ideological thesis and claims to divinity but like founders of nations (Kings who started their dynasty) in Europe had sought the blessing of religious figures as that helps them establish legitimacy in eyes of the public and dissuade challengers from staging a coup.

These days more bureaucratic and far removed from the nationalities these monarchs represent if anything royal families have probably inbred into a new species at this point so its moot.

They have a lot of historical revisionism in your movement and it seems like you are looking back at the past with scorn to draw a spiteful journey forward focused on squabbles between those who have been skeletons for decades or even centuries rather than a forward thinking plan for a journey towards a better tomorrow.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/opinion/columnists/nationalist-propaganda-disguised-history-school-children-worrying-sign-about-where-scotland-heading-brian-wilson-3065384

The story of Education Scotland’s “timeline” leading to the establishment of the devolved Parliament in 1999 was accompanied this week by horrified quotes from Scottish historians, regardless of political persuasion.

Personally I am disgusted,

Why can’t they just tell the truth about those meddling Anglos and their hatred for Europeans?

This is what I want to see taught in Scottish schools!

Edited by NullVoid

Shock! Horror!

The National Federation of Fishermen’s Organisations said...

"...the fishing industry had been sacrificed by Johnson..."

“...In the end-game, the prime minister made the call and caved in on fish, despite the rhetoric and assurances...”

“...There will of course be an extensive public relations exercise to portray the deal as a fabulous victory, but it will inevitably be seen by the fishing industry as a defeat...”

Shock! Horror!

The National Federation of Fishermen’s Organisations said...

"...the fishing industry had been sacrificed by Johnson..."

“...In the end-game, the prime minister made the call and caved in on fish, despite the rhetoric and assurances...”

“...There will of course be an extensive public relations exercise to portray the deal as a fabulous victory, but it will inevitably be seen by the fishing industry as a defeat...”

This is news?

Like I said before, the BJ was the wrong man for the job, not enough balls, he was bound to eff it up.

At least he was slightly better than his two predecessors, both of who had yellow streaks a mile wide down their backs.

I wonder who our next PM will be, as once the dust settles, it sure as hell won't be the BJ, he is, as suspected, not up to the job.

Improving the lot of the Fishermen is not electorally important for the reasons many think it is.

You cant name one area where the votes of active fishermen was of any real consequence to the EU or Tories.

The areas that flipped the EU vote towards leave helped the Conservatives win were areas witch were impoverished areas described as being “national embarrassments” or “beyond revival”  by the Tory advisors and news media themselves due to lack of jobs and high crime rates.

The growth of industry of any description in any part of the UK especially the types of jobs their parents and grandparents did before they lost their industry due to deindustrialization would be answering the prayers of those districts even when the growth happens outwith them.

When common fisheries was rolled out the British government paid people to dismantle their fishing fleets and there are still some boat graveyards that you can go visit as soon as travel restrictions lift with those rotting smashed and burned ships still visible, the people who live near those were of greater electoral significance than actual active fishermen.

I predict lower voter turnout enthusiasm for any of the parties will sink they got a boost because they tricked the gullible into thinking this time it would be different so those who hadn't voted in 15 years got out to the poling station.

i imagine a new single issue party against lockdowns might be bigger than UKIP was at its peak next election but the types of individuals who actually bother to show up will be key.

Edited by NullVoid

There's not a soul on earth who could've negotiated what the leave campaign promised unless you believe in fairy dust, magic beans and unicorn horns.

Having balls or bluffing like the UK negotiating team tried to do with their "no deal" threat at the eleventh hour makes absolutely no difference when the person at the other end of the table holds a royal flush.

Edited by Capeesh