Brexit (merged threads)

Urabug

Thankfully, Boris may now not be able to give our fishing waters away to whoever he wants to.

That's the E.U. for you, though.

HOLYROOD yesterday rejected Boris Johnson’s Brexit trade deal, with MSPs voting 92 to 30 to deny it consent.

Despite that overwhelming defeat, the vote was largely symbolic with the Scottish Parliament ultimately having no power to stop Westminster legislating even in devolved areas.

There is now a controversy over seed potatoes, either they will have a warehouse full of unsold crop or it will be shipped elsewhere or sold the same as last year.

What happens if we cant send this specific sub-variety of potatoes to Ireland and the EU?

What happens if we cant send this specific sub-variety of potatoes to Ireland and the EU?

Cant?

• Hypocritical and sanctimonious talk, typically.
  • Language specific to a particular group or profession and regarded with disparagement.

Having commented on that, a Shetland Black is always great, regardless of whether it's roasted or mashed.

Edited by George.

Was going for sarcastic/satirical rather than sanctimonious Poe's law got me I suppose.

Either way it came as a surprise they haven't delayed leaving the EU for the ?th consecutive time so within the constraints of the UK contract with the EU the UK is theoretically able to go its own way within the constraints of the UK withdrawal agreement with the EU.

Now behold a year wherein the uselessness and conflicting interests of the UK gov will be on full display and the nations sanity and livelihoods will continue to be destroyed to protect us from a disease with a >99% survival rate.

https://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/news/18980991.lockdown-protester-debbie-hicks-stroud-arrested-allegedly-filming-hospital/

hospitals are full to capacity but don't film any evidence to the contrary as a Debbie Hicks of Gloucestershire found out the hard way,

hospitals are full to the brim and although deaths overall are below average don't film the empty hospitals, THAT'S ILLEGAL!

EU or Brexit is the least of anyone's worries regardless of what faction they side with!

Edited by NullVoid

^^Edit

Was going to post a reply but decided against it considering the circumstances happening right now in Shetland.

Its freakin baltic out there, and a neighbour is being a right pain, as usual. Is there anything else going down?

Yes, your copyright seems to have expired, or is out of date...  :thmbsup

We're all very lucky. The heart is still beating and he carries on breathing. However, once he's been dead for 70 years it would certainly help to remind him.

Right, back to Brexit, burp, belch and break wind on the way?

Edited by George.

^^Edit

Was going to post a reply but decided against it considering the circumstances happening right now in Shetland.

Its freakin baltic out there, and a neighbour is being a right pain, as usual. Is there anything else going down?

Yes, your copyright seems to have expired, or is out of date...  :thmbsup

What?!? You mean this isn't 03/13/2020............ It feels like it is. :ponders:

I see the horrible ex Tory Chancellor and Brexit supporter Nigel Lawson was denied French residency.

Good to see him being denied the EU citizenship he helped deny me and my family.

Which is what, exactly. 'Citizenship' by definition is a person recognised under the law etc of a sovereign nation. The EU is neither a nation, nor is it sovereign (yet anyway, thankfully we've gotten out (sorta) before the final steps happen to convert the EU to 'USE', when it will be by default, if not intent a 'nation').

Right, back to Brexit, burp, belch and break wind on the way?

Yes, quite so. A Brexit! I want one, where might I be able to purchase same from on moderate terms?

Meanwhile, three days in, no predicted armageddon or apocalyptic events to report so far, but then again, not exactly much arrived on the plus side either, yet. :!:

I see the horrible ex Tory Chancellor and Brexit supporter Nigel Lawson was denied French residency.

Good to see him being denied the EU citizenship he helped deny me and my family.

Which is what, exactly. 'Citizenship' by definition is a person recognised under the law etc of a sovereign nation. The EU is neither a nation, nor is it sovereign (yet anyway, thankfully we've gotten out (sorta) before the final steps happen to convert the EU to 'USE', when it will be by default, if not intent a 'nation').

EU citizenship gave me, my children, their children and all my other family members the right to live, work and study in the 27 nations of the EU without restriction. It gave them the opportunity to work for the many businesses that will want unrestricted access to the massive EU market, those same businesses will inevitably want to be based in countries that are EU members and thats just for starters.

So you tell me, what are the benefits of leaving???

Fishing...sold down the river...again

Pound...crashed and burned making everything from the weekly shop to heating our houses more expensive

Business...fleeing to the continent

National debt spiralling out of control meaning more cuts to our vital services, Health, Education etc

The only people to gain out of this are the rich Tory speculators, tax dodgers and business leaders that want to trample over the workers rights EU membership gave us, a return to a Dickensian nightmare.

We're a small, isolated, inward looking place now, not what I wanted for my kids.

Edited by Capeesh