Pensioners fuming over government ‘theft’

BigMouth

Pension age  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Should men and women have the same pension age?

• Yes
    • No

On average women have 6 - 8 years more in retirement than men.

Whilst women of your generation were not able to get work they stayed at home with the easy option of childcare, whilst most men were out at work doing jobs that have proved injurious to their health, one of the reasons women live longer.

On average women have 6 - 8 years more in retirement than men.

Life expectancy at age 65 years in the UK did not improve for males and females in 2015 to 2017 and remained at 18.6 years for males and 20.9 years for females.

A woman can expect to to enjoy 2.3 years more in retirement, not 6 to 8!

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/lifeexpectancies/bulletins/nationallifetablesunitedkingdom/2015to2017

It's nearer to 2.7 years axtra for women according to the confidence intervals in the NRS data for Shetland.  Lets just round it up to a neat 3 years and ask women to retire 3 years later.  Those years could be reduced by doing some of the nastier work men do, like freezing their gonads off whilst working to build the new Hjaltland flats opposite Islesburgh.  Not a woman in sight.  Cesspit driver and sludge pumper, essy cart crew, roadie teams, street sweeper, pelagic boat crew, lifeboat crew?

There is no doubt that people should not be favourably or badly treated on the basis of sex/sexual orientation  etc etc. But this post seems to be being used as a vehicle for venting anti-female spleen.

Full time child-care was mentioned as if it is an easy option.  FM.     Well if done properly it certainly isn't. I've done it and find its less stressful labouring on  a building site in winter. You have obviously had a bad experience.

Ah! Data from the BBC. Must be true then. No paedophiles at all, cough cough.

Women have many advantages, some due to their sex, but many by the choices they make, stay at home and look after the kids or work in a nice warm office mostly. I am a great believer in equality and would like to see more women out there on building sites etc. I think women are on the whole great, but I hate the growing bunch of whingeing feminists who want equality, but only the nice bits, such as retiring 5 years before men.