Shattered Double Glazing Unit

IGU

Belated thanks for that George!

However I just wondered:  

Fensa:

The first and most well-known Competent Person Scheme for the window and door installation industry in England and Wales.

Scotland got its own new Building Standards on the 1st March 2003 with the full implementation of Part J. This Building Standard requires an even higher performance level from a window than in England and Wales.

www.windowstoday.co.uk/part_j.htm

So is there some Competent Person Scheme for Scotland?

^^Scottish Building Services. SBSC exists to support and promote delivery of the Certification requirements of The Building (Scotland) Act 2003.

Scottish Government Building Standards

As I understand it, it is a slightly different scheme from what is used in England and Wales but it's there for basically the same reason, and applying solely to Scotland as Fensa does for England.

Edited by George.

This thread has come along way on this forum but it has indeed deviated well from the original issue posted and the original question asked!

So could it be the time as hakama suggests for something along the lines of Monty Python, at least that would provide some kind of comedy approach to something really serious i.e. not the Holy Grail, only our holey window? :rofl:  

Edited by IGU

^^Scottish Building Services. SBSC exists to support and promote delivery of the Certification requirements of The Building (Scotland) Act 2003.

Scottish Government Building Standards

As I understand it, it is a slightly different scheme from what is used in England and Wales but it's there for basically the same reason, and applying solely to Scotland as Fensa does for England.

thank you.i was only aware of the english one. 

Insulated Glass Units Markings:

As previously mentioned the stamp on the glass of our existing double glazing is BS EN 12150-1.

Online information states that this consists of:

The product number for the type of glass BS EN 12150 = Thermally Toughened Soda Lime Silicate Safety Glass?

The impact performance classification e.g. 1, 2 or 3 to BS EN 12600 or A, B or C to BS 6206.

Although BS 6206 was withdrawn in 2006 it is still referenced in National Building Standards so is shown below for comparison purposes.

The comparisons between the classification systems under BS 6206 and BS EN 12600 are shown below.  Both BS 6206 and BS EN 12600 use pendulum impact tests with similar drop heights and grades safety glass under one of three impact performance classifications.

BS 6206 grades are ‘A, B or C’ with ‘A’ being the highest performance grade.

BS EN 12600 grades are ‘1, 2 or 3’ with ‘1’ being the highest performance grade.

So if reading this all correctly our glass is classified Toughened Safety Glass under BS EN 12150 and classified as the Highest Performance Grade under BS EN 12600?

One would think all involved e.g. Glass Manufacturer, Glazing Unit Manufacturer, Builder/Distributors, Builder/Contractors and last but not least the Consumer would all want to know how or why such a top rated safety product failed?      

• 4 months later...
the situation is that I noticed that my dog vomits and swears after each meal while his stomach is swollen and I hear wheezing, coughing and shortness of breath. I was told that symptoms like nothing else like signs of worms and in this case you need to take it  best liquid dewormers for dogs which should help. if someone has such symptoms in a pet, it's worms.