Poll - 2019 Shetland MSP by-election

Davie P

Holyrood Election  

94 members have voted

1. 1. If the election were tomorrow, who would you vote for?

• Johan Adamson, Labour
    • Brydon Goodlad, Conservative
    • Stuart Martin, UKIP
    • Debra Nicolson, Green
    • Ian Scott, Independent
    • Michael Stout, Independent
    • Peter Tait, Independent
    • Ryan Thomson, Independent
    • Tom Wills, SNP
    • Beatrice Wishart, Lib Dems

Would you believe it? The closure of the Sandwick nursery and the likely closure of one in Lerwick is not the fault of the extremely well thought out free nursery care provided by the SNP.

Tom Wills informs us it is all the fault of the local council, and the problems parents in Sandwick are now facing is down to the SIC.

I'm surprised he isn't blaming Westminster, that's the usual line whatever happens.

Always someone else.

.......but, but, but........ Isn't having little kiddies taught anything by random largely un-regulated members of the public in privately run establishments a risky business and largely a negative thing, that can only be tolerated with ill grace until the state can do it themselves.

I mean, heaven forbid one could be intelligent enough that they might pick up something that led them to believe in some way the Nats way of doing things and version of history might be a little askew of the facts. Nope, gotta get them in there in state owned and run facilities with state trained staff only teaching them state approved 'education', its the only way to raise yet more obediently brainwashed state sycophants who can be relied upon to put their 'x' in the only acceptable box on the ballot while mindlessly chanting the correct mantras.

Edited by Ghostrider

.......but, but, but........ Isn't having little kiddies taught anything by random largely un-regulated members of the public in privately run establishments a risky business and largely a negative thing, that can only be tolerated with ill grace until the state can do it themselves.

Westminster through and through.

Only my opinion, of course :cool:

(Sorry George), ...earlier age so that the kids can be pre programmed  before they hit the high school, brainwashed at an even earlier age to vote for the nationalists. Maybe be able to bring the voting age down even more then.

"Give me the child when he's 8 years old and I will show you the man"

I read one of the leaflets from the LibDems, basically the main gist of it was "vote for us to stop the SNP". What a sad, negative, uninspiring message.

I could feel a sigh gathering in my chest at the whole pointlessness of it. It made me think about and pity our young people, some of them voting for the first time. No matter how full of hope and passion they are this message would suck all that out and leave a dried out husk in its place. I've heard some people debating why the youth of today don't bother voting, well here's "Exhibit A" your honour, the great Liberal vision for Shetland.

I thought about using this pamphlet to get my fire started but I honestly don't think this damp squib of a dreary, off putting, spirit crushing thing would light.

Edited by Capeesh

So Tom Wills is going to phone Nicola first thing on Friday if he wins and start the process to bring some of his promises to fruition. Now is there any doubt left here as regards the well thought out plan?

"Hold back on the good stuff till they vote the right way, then we've got them."

Been planned for a while this one.

I read one of the leaflets from the LibDems, basically the main gist of it was "vote for us to stop the SNP". What a sad, negative, uninspiring message.

I could feel a sigh gathering in my chest at the whole pointlessness of it. It made me think about and pity our young people, some of them voting for the first time. No matter how full of hope and passion they are this message would suck all that out and leave a dried out husk in its place. I've heard some people debating why the youth of today don't bother voting, well here's "Exhibit A" your honour, the great Liberal vision for Shetland.

I thought about using this pamphlet to get my fire started but I honestly don't think this damp squib of a dreary, off putting, spirit crushing thing would light.

There's no place for any of that kind of delusional fairy tales in politics. They'll be grateful for the early lesson once they suss out how the big bad world works.

So Tom Wills is going to phone Nicola first thing on Friday if he wins and start the process to bring some of his promises to fruition. Now is there any doubt left here as regards the well thought out plan?

"Hold back on the good stuff till they vote the right way, then we've got them."

Been planned for a while this one.

Its has a smell of Balderick about it, but I think it was one he traded for half of a worm eaten rotten turnip in his early years.

I prefer to vote for something, this policy free, voting to stop somebody else negativity is the biggest cop out imaginable.

How far the Liberals have fallen, no wonder they only have 4 MSP's in Holyrood if that's all they've got in the locker. What do they stand for nowadays? What's their vision? What's their message? That Tory coalition has stolen their soul.

Edited by Capeesh

How can "voting for someone else" in order to prevent YOUR favoured party being elected be classed as a "cop out"?

It has always happened and is normally referred to as "tactical voting".

AFAIK, there is no law against it.

As for taking (another) pop at the Libs.  You can only claim the moral "high ground" once you have attained it...

IMHO, the SNP have done nothing other than run up a huge deficit by spending money they do not have.