Shetland windfarm - Viking Energy

trout

Camorons family make about a £1k a day from wind turbines.

There is already going to be a cut in domestic and business FITs.

It is odd now, folk turn up to object to a 18m tower with a turbine on it and leave just before a 20m Mobile Phone mast is approved 100 or so yards down the field. It is on a mono pole and looks like an enlarged sonic screw driver.

Trump has a few things slightly off there.

Funny comments, it wont generate electricity if there is no wind. Hence the need for the huge battery and nuclear power stations.

Trump and Salmond deserve each other.

In Spain since they stopped subsidies for Windfarms, over 11000 mw's of projects have come to a grinding halt.

Without our money, there wouldn't be any windfarms. They do nothing to combat so called AGW, especially those windfarms built on a carbon sink.

They are a cash cow for a few greedy sods who don't give a toss for landscapes, wildlife or communitys.

Since VE would take at least 5/6 years to build in ideal weather conditions, the CT'S funds will have all gone by then.

Peat posted :- " It is odd now, folk turn up to object to a 18m tower with a turbine on it and leave just before a 20m Mobile Phone mast is approved 100 or so yards down the field. It is on a mono pole and looks like an enlarged sonic screw driver. "

That's the difference peat, only one blade and duzna turn. ! Who's this Ca moron you're on about anyway ?

Peat posted :- " It is odd now, folk turn up to object to a 18m tower with a turbine on it and leave just before a 20m Mobile Phone mast is approved 100 or so yards down the field. It is on a mono pole and looks like an enlarged sonic screw driver. "

That's the difference peat, only one blade and duzna turn. ! Who's this Ca moron you're on about anyway ?

Wind turbines seem to be the new target, the phone masts with additional antenna seem to be accepted. Well many now have 3G phones.

If your gonna speak Klingon, it is Ka Moron. The way I spelt it, I am sure you can work it out.

Phone masts do not have blades.

Trump and Salmond deserve each other.

In Spain since they stopped subsidies for Windfarms, over 11000 mw's of projects have come to a grinding halt.

Spain is in quite a bit of trouble with money. That could go to explaining the cut.

It seems any alternative energy takes up quite a bit of land or sea.

Guest posiedon
shetlandpeat

If your gonna speak Klingon,[/b]

Do you really not know the English language? Or more likely as has been suggested on another thread, are you just a troll/wind up merchant?

Gonna is fine as it is defined as slang but........

Your and you're have different meanings, learn them!

There, their and they're also have different meanings, you might like to look into those as well.

If you continue to make basic grammatical errors, then I'll flag you as a troll and ignore you.

Just to preempt you, No big deal. :roll:

shetlandpeat

Do you really not know the English language? Or more likely as has been suggested on another thread, are you just a troll/wind up merchant?

Gonna is fine as it is defined as slang but........

Your and you're have different meanings, learn them!

There, their and they're also have different meanings, you might like to look into those as well.

If you continue to make basic grammatical errors, then I'll flag you as a troll and ignore you.

Just to preempt you, No big deal. :roll:

As ever, yes, I speak the English Language every day, as do Americans, South Africans, Indians and the French. As I have said in the past, you are a bully when it comes to this, publicly humiliating folk, with some fetish you have with that is quite obtuse. It does however have two results, well three really, it can encourage folk who have a lower confidence level to use a browser based dictionary and spend their time correcting every mistake and not understanding why (apart from not wanting to be picked on by yourself). It can discourage those with less confidence to post, this is where we all miss out as they may have something valuable to add, but for fear of the public humiliation will not post and do not take part. The result a bully may want, perhaps? Thirdly, we could ignore you, without peril. On a forum, for all levels seems a bit OTT, well no, you are quite wrong. I would understand if you were to start an English Writing thread, I am sure the posts would keep you in hand for a while.

Yet when you say the words, regardless of how they are arranged on paper or as text, they mean exactly what I said, without the complications of grammar, especially as they may not be in view for long.

The human brain is quite clever, it can adapt very quickly, I bet many can read the next bold face text I will install upon their retinas, some may refuse to because it is not right (or write :wink: )

7H15 M3554G3 53RV35 7O PR0V3 H0W 0UR M1ND5 C4N D0 4M4Z1NG 7H1NG5! 1MPR3551V3 7H1NG5! 1N 7H3 B3G1NN1NG 17 WA5 H4RD BU7 N0W, 0N 7H15 LIN3 Y0UR M1ND 1S R34D1NG 17 4U70M471C4LLY W17H0U7 3V3N 7H1NK1NG 4B0U7 17, B3 PROUD! 0NLY C3R741N P30PL3 C4N R3AD 7H15.

You also do not need all the information to understand.

A few blobs of black, yet folk can make the picture whole and can see what it is.

http://graphicdesign.spokanefalls.edu/tutorials/process/gestaltprinciples/closure/closure_a.gif

The Gestalt Priciples.

If it is no big deal, why write?

Back on topic.

The excuses I have heard for turbines is that they can damage mental health and the EMF can be devastating to health.

Also, if you chop down the tree the revealed turbine would block the Pennines from view. The one I could not believe was that a 24M turbine could affect the Airport Operations in Blackpool and Warton, tens of miles away.

Though farms on this scale are quite different. If you are going to object to them, you will have to make sure that the objections fall within the Planning Laws, the existing Development Plan for the Islands and the new one Boroughs and other councils are doing to stop developers developing what they like where ever they like. :wink:

shetlandpeat

Traditionally, "as has been suggested", in the context of your sentence, would be presented in parentheses.

Just a thought. If we're going to pick holes in each other's grammar, it's probably best to be punctilious about our own; otherwise we'll spend all night swapping spiteful remarks about errant apostrophes rather than discussing the substance of the issue.

Thanx. uv al been gr8.

• admin changed the title to Shetland windfarm - Viking Energy