Shetland windfarm - Viking Energy

trout

What total pish , Peat please do not show how stupid you are and believe this nonsense. Orkney never demands over 15 Mw(yeah right). That just shows how the green brigade throw out lies and the public believe it.

Lets google that:

Given that Orkney's current energy consumption is equivalent to around 35MW at maximum...

from here, top of page four. (warning: pdf) Orkney Islands Council.

Looks like it's you, peenk, that's full of the brown smelly stuff.

BTW, peenk sounds like sheepshagger. Please ban this troll, again.

Orkney never demands over 15 Mw(yeah right).

Given that Orkney's current energy consumption is equivalent to around 35MW at maximum...

Note the

(yeah right)

If the maximum demand is 35MW, why are we not seeing this on the graph? Highest demand for the previous 24 hrs is about 17 on the graph. Maybe it's the unseasonal warm weather?

hang on a moment orkney has an inter connector. daft question then why not route ours there. maybe even have a stop off point on fair isle. its got to be cheaper than a long undersea cable.

it does look as if orkney is well ahead of us. as usual.

hang on a moment orkney has an inter connector. daft question then why not route ours there. maybe even have a stop off point on fair isle. its got to be cheaper than a long undersea cable.

it does look as if orkney is well ahead of us. as usual.

I think you'll find the business case for a cable to the mainland versus a new power station stacked up in Orkneys case - I doubt it had anything to do with Orkney being more forward looking, SSE are very clearly profit focused.

Orkney never demands over 15 Mw(yeah right).

Note the

(yeah right)

Woops, you're absolutely right, crofter. :oops:

My sincere apologies, sheepshagger peenk, too quick off the mark on that one.

If the maximum demand is 35MW, why are we not seeing this on the graph? Highest demand for the previous 24 hrs is about 17 on the graph. Maybe it's the unseasonal warm weather?

Presumably, the 35MW figure is the peak demand in any given year, not the day in question.

stilldellin do they give longer term figures. say a month or even weekly. if those figures are maintained its pretty impressive,

I had a poke around the site but couldn't find anything. Pity, it would be interesting.

however if this report is put into effect and if (a big if i know) it was to generate over 2000 jobs in shetland. this would be the rescue of our islands depending on council employment.

eve the antis must see this as a major positive aspect .

^ With the new inter-connector from Orkney to Caithness yet to be built just where is all this surplus power ( at times ) going ? http://www.sse.com/OrkneyCaithness/ProjectInformation/#

It seems according to this all they have at the moment is two 33kV cables to the mainland. quote :-

The amount of renewable generation that can be exported from Orkney is limited by the capacity of the two existing 33kV subsea cables that connect Orkney to the mainland transmission grid at Thurso. Taking account of the renewable generation that has already been connected or is contracted to be connected on Orkney, the existing subsea connection has now reached full capacity.

Still some time to wait for marine yet :-

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb479/beenister/orkneytimelinemarine_zpsb1be2df2.jpg

however if this report is put into effect and if (a big if i know) it was to generate over 2000 jobs in shetland. this would be the rescue of our islands depending on council employment.

eve the antis must see this as a major positive aspect .

paulb, are you referring to VE? If so, where did you get your figures?

From Viking website:-

Create around 30 direct jobs

Create an average of 140 jobs during the 3-year construction period

• admin changed the title to Shetland windfarm - Viking Energy