Shetland windfarm - Viking Energy

trout

The males of the species are to blame for most of the trouble due to the fact they, cant keep there pants zipped up so they have over populated the planet.

Hey! I take offense to this ridiculous sexist notion. Many men are perfectly capable of keeping their "pants zipped up" (how do you zip up pants? unless you're American I suppose..).

And there are many laydiez out there who have absolutely no control over their crazy physical appetites. At least that's been my experience! ;)

I'm getting sick of repeating myself.

Ever considered that you might be wrong?

If the place with the best wind resource in the Northern Hemisphere isn't the right place to build a windfarm, then where is?

There are other places in the N Hemisphere with similar (and better) wind regimes, Shetland is only unique in that we have data from Burradale.

climate zones are shifting

Yes. So what happens if our excellent wind regime shifts? Shetland may become the new doldrums! I agree that is unlikely, but what effect will the turbines sucking energy out of the atmosphere have on the climate?

BILLIONS OF PEOPLE ARE GOING TO DIE

The VE project will not prevent this.

How much do you know about climate change

Oil is abiotic. The Earth may well be and likely is expanding. Other Planets are experiencing Global Warming; the WHOLE SOUTHERN POLE-REGION of Jupiter is glowing in IR too which could indicate that Jupiter is undergoing a stronger influx of electrons, spared from our Sun and that the recent impact was nothing else than a trace of a concentrated Birkeland current, interacting with it, just as is seen on the new white spot on Venus.

Oh and the chemtrail, weather manipulation, geoengineering planes aint helping none either. You only need your eyes to see them.

(inB4 AT's reptillion straw man rage.) :P

There were 4 dunnos I think! Possibly 5?

Either way I'm still not convinced I heard a really valid reason against the windfarm.

As for the argument that "its ok, we've got 40 years of oil and gas" great if you can stomach the enormous ethical implications. I know I can't!

And yes I was one of the 15.

I think you and AT are displaying a level of naivety. AT that Wind will save us and replace our fossil demands and you for thinking that a power station will ever get turned off unless it is no longer economically viable or badly broken.

Both of you, welcome to cloud cuckoo land.

I didn't say I think they will, I said I think they should.

There were 4 dunnos I think! Possibly 5?

Either way I'm still not convinced I heard a really valid reason against the windfarm.

As for the argument that "its ok, we've got 40 years of oil and gas" great if you can stomach the enormous ethical implications. I know I can't!

And yes I was one of the 15.

My first post on this subject... been reading the posts for a while now and been doing a bit more research on this recently

3 undecided's were recorded in Eid actually. I only made it there at half 7, said my brief bit, likely should have said more.

I'm against the project, for the same reasons as most others.. likely no need to list them all...

Thought there were many very well informed speakers, a certain Waas resident stood out for me, one of his points was along the lines of... that VE and the Councillors are trying to make us believe we are going to end up in financial ruin... bla bla bla, they are claiming this is our only/last chance to save Shetland financially. Not true, why not hold off until tidal energy farms are viable and go down that route?

Also, the Councillors claim that if the Charitable Trust don't invest in this/the Councillors oppose the development, another investor WILL come in, build the wind farm and reap the (questionable) rewards. How can that be? do the SIC or Charitable Trust not own the Busta Estate? if so they could surely refuse to sell their land to other potential developers? this would surely render the development unviable.

• admin changed the title to Shetland windfarm - Viking Energy