Clickimin Loch

redrobbie

Probably the same as what will happen to the 5 lochs leading into the lunklet burn and waterfall in the hills in middle of shetland when they build the Viking windfarm. The digging up of the peat and the laying of masses of concrete will seep into the water system killing all wild life, but that seems to be all right as long as the business men get their big profits. You are not supposed to look and see and remark on those things.

Concerned Shetlander

I think you can add the Sandwater and Pettawater lochs to that area of concern. I can imagine both of these lochs will turn black for a very very long time, and if they are mixing concrete on site there will be considerable run off from that process.

Considering the quantities of concrete involved to provide foundations for such massive turbines I would have thought the founds would have to poured in one operation, hence mixing on site.  Maybe not, I am no expert on these matters, perhaps someone more knowledgeable can enlighten us here.

As an angler I am concerned about the pollution factor.