General Election 2019

George.

Given that large parts of Scotland and it's resources are already "owned by foreigners", how will voting for independence "cure" that ?

Are we going to buy everything back ? If so, just WHO is going to have to pay for it.

Are we just going to take everything back ?  If so, will we have to "fight" for it or just become another "Zimbabwe".

One thing is for sure, we will NOT be allowed to (re) join the EU without giving a whole heap of it away again.!

I know Brexit will dominate this election but what about the other things?

Ever since the Libdem/Tory coalition there's been a huge increase in food banks.

Why are there families with children in Shetland having to rely on charity to feed themselves?

After the LibDems/Tories sold of the Post Office is there anything left in this country apart from the NHS to flog to the highest bidder?

Everything else will be impacted to a greater or lesser degree by the kind of brexit that eventually happens (if it happens), and how the government of the day react/take advantage of whatever brexit is, so there's not a lot of point in giving much consideration to the future unknowns of the known unknown.

Had the bunch of numpties running Westminster the taken only viable option for brexit ASAP after the referendum, or at very least at the end of last March, and gone with a so-called 'no deal', we'd be able to concentrate on the 'other things' now, but instead we're still here watching them chase their own tails while we drum our fingers, and wait........

Had the bunch of numpties running Westminster the taken only viable option for brexit ASAP after the referendum, or at very least at the end of last March, and gone with a so-called 'no deal', we'd be able to concentrate on the 'other things' now, but instead we're still here watching them chase their own tails while we drum our fingers, and wait........

Unfortunately, the "other things" would consist of a wrecked economy, increased bureaucracy and shortages of food and medicine.

Edited by Evil Inky

^It has all too often been suggested that being a member of the E.U. has been the cause of a wrecked economy, increased bureaucracy and a shortage of both food and medicine has it not?

Probably by the same people who accuse the EU of shooting JFK and faking the Moon landings  :)

Edited by Evil Inky

^It certainly brings to mind Boris Johnson, Theresa May, David Cameron, et al, all the way back to Anthony Eden who started the infliction of the E.U. upon us by signing the Treaty of the Functioning of the European Union in 1957. How democratic was that?

Probably Anthony that shot wee Johny Kennedy before sending him to the moon.

Edited by George.

This results of this GE is going to be interesting and I would think will be greatly influenced by the way we individually perceive and vote for the various parties and their representatives.

Brexit will almost certainly affect the way some of us cast our votes, with many of us feeling let down by our “favourite “  political parties and certainly in my case affecting the way I will vote.

Many  Lib/Dems  ,SNP, and Labour  representives  have treated the National referendum 2016 as something of a joke disregarding the democratic results, to tailor for their individuals  whims.

The SNP wants independence, and to rejoin the EU probably resulting in a change of currency ,plus all the other legal problems that would surely  come with a divorce from the UK.

For many of us I’m sure all this will focus who we vote for and could provide some interesting results.

The 13th December will be lucky for some and no doubt very unlucky for others.

Personally, I don't know who to vote for..

SNP, NEVER.

Lib Dems, NO.  They want to stay in the EU and, I don't. 

Tories ?  My mining ancestors would spin in their graves and I would probably wake up in a ditch next to Boris.  <G>

Labour.  The "Fudge and Kludge" party who are probably incapable of making a "solid" decision on anything.

The Greens ?  Their hearts are in the right place but, their heads are right up their own @rses.  Also, they bolster the SNP.

Is there anyone left who represents MY interests ?

Personally, I don't know who to vote for..

SNP, NEVER.

Lib Dems, NO.  They want to stay in the EU and, I don't. 

Tories ?  My mining ancestors would spin in their graves and I would probably wake up in a ditch next to Boris.  <G>

Labour.  The "Fudge and Kludge" party who are probably incapable of making a "solid" decision on anything.

The Greens ?  Their hearts are in the right place but, their heads are right up their own @rses.  Also, they bolster the SNP.

Is there anyone left who represents MY interests ?

The Brexit Party? UKIP?

So Evil Inky thinks we have a great chance of joining the EU as an independent country. What about the deficit? No chance unless you can magically bring that down.

And the SNP are saying they are are going to increase pensions by a massive amount. That will actually double the deficit so that will certainly sink your hopes.

You're in cloud cuckoo land....

If you re-read my original comment, you'll find I said we have a better chance of rejoining the EU as an independent Scotland, not that we have a great chance. At this point it's all damage limitation, the future's looking bleak either way.

So Evil Inky thinks we have a great chance of joining the EU as an independent country. What about the deficit? No chance unless you can magically bring that down.

And the SNP are saying they are are going to increase pensions by a massive amount. That will actually double the deficit so that will certainly sink your hopes.

You're in cloud cuckoo land....

and if you think that "austerity" was bad under the Tories, it wil be nothing compared to what the SNP will have to impose.

When governments are forced to impose "rationing" or similar methods to help combat climate change ,many folk will be forced out of work and austerity as we know it today will be a lot ,lot more severe.

Restricted travel will affect the tourist industry and all who are involved in it, and that is only one of the many business's that will almost certainly have to impose drastic changes.

This cannot be blamed on any particular political party as it will have to be addressed by them all.

So all those promises we are hearing from them  will become a nonsense as i cannot see how they will have the capital when the economy weakens as climate change measures are implemented.

Of course any changes will almost certainly "hit the pockets" of the less well off first,like increase in travel costs.